Any connection? Leicester Lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids have been going back at roughly the same rate all over England and the Leicester outbreak has not been replicated anywhere else as far as I'm aware.

Not everywhere. A common reason for some not opening is older schools that have been around for a long time. There are several around here and as far as I am aware have remained closed. A place like Leicester may have some as well. The most recent info I have seen on outbreaks in schools etc is this

106 outbreaks were from care homes where 75 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2
28 outbreaks were from hospitals where 24 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2
44 outbreaks were from schools where 23 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2
2 outbreaks were from prisons where 1 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2
43 outbreaks were from the Other Settings category where 28 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2

Schools have been increasing slightly for 3 weeks. Something like doubled. Care homes stable. Others a bit up and down.

Sponsored Links
You're right, looking back I did misunderstand ReganAndCarter's post. I did think he suggested that genetics was the cause of the BAME community suffering disprortionately. And I offered proof that it wasn't.
But it wasn't a lie, It was me misunderstanding what someone had said.
A definition of a lie is to make a false statement with the intention to deceive. I had no intention of deceiving anyone. it was a misunderstanding. Which you, or ReganAndCarter could have corrected me. But instead you accuse me of lying. I repeat, there was no intention to deceive. Therefore, by the dictionary definition, it wasn't a lie.
So I'll ask again, if you can find just one lie, by me, then go ahead.
To fail to do so proves you to be a malicious accuser.
Liar! :D:D

No **** Sherlock. I keep using it because you keep doing it. Rinse, repeat. Rinse, repeat. Rinse, repeat.

Easy solution - stop making things up. Stop taking a headline and twisting it into something it isn't. Stop taking a post and twisting it into something it isn't. Stop putting words in posters' mouths.

Now you are lying to cover yourself. I quoted what you wrote.

Do read what you wrote. You seem to be squirming as usual.

Here it is.

It is understood that, in general, children are not particularly impacted by the virus so it was safe to send them back on a phased basis with sensible precautions in place. Something else is going on / has been going on in Leicester. Kids have been going back at roughly the same rate all over England and the Leicester outbreak has not been replicated anywhere else as far as I'm aware.

And being particularly impacted is not the same thing as being a major vector of transmission. I'm sure you know that but the truth doesn't play to your narrative.

Kids particularly impacted - more of them are getting it in this particular outbreak. The fact that they are getting it does not automatically mean they are spreading it.

Why don't we let PHE and the epidemiologists do their job and work out what actually happened rather than make stuff up about what you would like to have happened.

Mr Hancock said schools were being closed to help slow the transmission of the disease and parents in other areas should not have any fear about continuing to send their children to school.

The health secretary told BBC Breakfast there had been "an unusually high incidence" of coronavirus among children in Leicester since increased testing began in the city 10 days ago.

Not everywhere. A common reason for some not opening is older schools that have been around for a long time. There are several around here and as far as I am aware have remained closed. A place like Leicester may have some as well. The most recent info I have seen on outbreaks in schools etc is this

106 outbreaks were from care homes where 75 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2
28 outbreaks were from hospitals where 24 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2
44 outbreaks were from schools where 23 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2
2 outbreaks were from prisons where 1 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2
43 outbreaks were from the Other Settings category where 28 tested positive for SARS-CoV-2

Schools have been increasing slightly for 3 weeks. Something like doubled. Care homes stable. Others a bit up and down.

I've seen no published data on age of schools v. covid cases.

Sponsored Links
Now you are lying to cover yourself. I quoted what you wrote.

Do read what you wrote. You seem to be squirming as usual.

Here it is.

Mr Hancock said schools were being closed to help slow the transmission of the disease and parents in other areas should not have any fear about continuing to send their children to school.

The health secretary told BBC Breakfast there had been "an unusually high incidence" of coronavirus among children in Leicester since increased testing began in the city 10 days ago.

Making stuff up again. Go back and read what I wrote.

I know. It's a truly depressing feature of GD that NOTHING can be discussed in an even-handed balanced way.

That's not true

It's truly depressing that you are drawn towards threads with racial connotations.

It's truly depressing that your are drawn towards threads with racial connotations.

Pretty much any thread is polluted by a the same yadda yadda obsessive posters. Take a look at the post counts (including your own) before you respond.

I started this thread about illegal mass gatherings and an increased incidence of covid infections. How many times have you repeated ethnic, ethnic, ethnic and added zero to the discssion about illegal mass gatherings and an increased incidence of covid infections?

Making stuff up again. Go back and read what I wrote.

So if I quoted what you wrote and you said its making up stuff that means you made the stuff up.

Looks like you trapped yourself. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back