Any golfers using Speed Stick?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Speed Stick (or equivalent).

Training aid and exercise regime, to increase swing speed.

Anyone used it?
Know anyone who did?
What was the outcome, or result?

Sponsored Links
From the thread title I assumed this was some fast-acting glue for repairing golf clubs. Obviously not. :giggle: . Sorry, can't help.

Speed Stick (or equivalent).

Training aid and exercise regime, to increase swing speed.

Anyone used it?
Know anyone who did?
What was the outcome, or result?
Trying to swing faster is the worst thing to do in golf.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Crikey you're aiming for a 300 yard drive. The best swing improvement technique i found was to slow down.

Blup

Crikey you're aiming for a 300 yard drive. The best swing improvement technique i found was to slow down.

Blup

If you watch me swing, it's closer to slow motion than blur.

Theory though, practice getting faster, then rein it back during play.

Which, if you look at it, is what

to slow down

achieves, without losing distance (because your stock speed has increased, through the training).

If you watch me swing, it's closer to slow motion than blur.

Theory though, practice getting faster, then rein it back during play.

Which, if you look at it, is what

achieves, without losing distance (because your stock speed has increased, through the training).
I can see how it would help a professional, but your average club golfer would benefit from swinging more accurately than swinging faster.

Blup

I can see how it would help a professional, but your average club golfer would benefit from swinging more accurately than swinging faster.

Blup

That's assumption on your part, on a number of levels.

And sure, some are wild and inconsistent, but I see just as many who can barely pat it out of their own shadow.
And they're inconsistent with it.

Jack Nicklaus was once quoted as saying "Teach them how to hit it far, and we'll straighten it up afterwards".

Blup
Like this: (to be fair, it was my first shot after not playing for over a year)

Second time lucky:

That's assumption on your part, on a number of levels.

And sure, some are wild and inconsistent, but I see just as many who can barely pat it out of their own shadow.
And they're inconsistent with it.

Jack Nicklaus was once quoted as saying "Teach them how to hit it far, and we'll straighten it up afterwards".
Nicklaus was the exception and had the talent to do it that way. Ballesteros not dissimilar.

Blup

Buy yourself a new putter and practise, you will get lower scores than with this gadget

Blup

Again, stop assuming you know anything about how I play golf, whether I'm any good at it or not, and what I want from it nowadays.

Again, stop assuming you know anything about how I play golf, whether I'm any good at it or not, and what I want from it nowadays.
Every aspect of a players game is capable of improvement. The short game makes the difference. Gary Player used to practice bunker shots until he'd holed two consecutively.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back