Any golfers using Speed Stick?

Every aspect of a players game is capable of improvement. The short game makes the difference. Gary Player used to practice bunker shots until he'd holed two consecutively.

Blup
That's all very well when your day job is playing golf. How does having a good short game help the player that takes 5 or 6 to get to the green?

Sponsored Links
That's all very well when your day job is playing golf. How does having a good short game help the player that takes 5 or 6 to get to the green?
Only pro's or near scratch players consistently get on the green in regulation figures, a chip and putt can make all the difference at every skill level. Distance does not equal accuracy.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Quite agree Blup but people often say you should practice putting because you take more putts than any other stroke in the game. It may be true but you've got to get there first. I used to often just use an iron off the tees. Great accuracy - never lost a ball - but it basically adds 10 strokes to your game - maybe 5 or 6 if you account for a reduction of accuracy with a driver. But the answer to that is practice the driver isn't it?

PS. I'm no great golfer. My best handicap has been 12 and I generally play of 18, but not for 12 or 13 months due to shoulder surgery.

Back