Any hayfever sufferers?

Saltwater spray to clean your nose out? You can get neti pots too for a saltwater rinse! Or use a sports capped water bottle and make your own saline solution. Clears the nose out a treat....

Sponsored Links
I'm like jonbey.

I used to be in misery in years past, but I have felt better and better each year for many a year now.

I used to take Piriton but was allergic to it; I would suffer Vertigo and have to lie down for a day until it wore off.

I had to take Loratadine in increasing strengths. GP had me on 3 x one a day tabs and I was still streaming.

This is my fifth year without a major reaction.

I take Loratadine, you can get it at Lidl for about a quid a pack, you have to take them regularly before they take effect, my Mrs takes them as well because she is affected badly by insect bites. Back as a kid in the 70's I had tests for allergies, scratch test on my back, found out I was allergic to dust & dust mites , dogs cats birds, tree & grass pollen (tree pollen is a nasty one) and with this information I was put on a course of injections, 2 a week for 6 months. All was fine for a few years but it eventually came back (though my asthma went and never came back). Now it could be severe one year and nothing the next. Evenings are worse as tree pollen stays high in the air during the heat of the day and settles as it cools.

Sponsored Links
Get it some years, not this year so far.

Sadly I'm allergic to most antihistamines, so I have to grin and bear it. I can relate to the exhausting nature of suffering with it.

Sunglasses are a good idea, I think antihistamines can may your eyes more photosensitive.

Talk about talking too soon, had itchy eyes today. :eek:

Allergies

Individuals suffering from allergies may find a cure in urine therapy. Researches have found that when people with allergies drink their own urine, the body can develop antibodies that combat some of the causes of allergies, possibly eliminating the allergies altogether. Here's how this is possible.

When the body initiates an allergic reaction, the cause of that reaction is white blood cells, specifically lymphocytes, that have become rebellious and attack substances that are actually harmless to the body. It has been found that when these rebellious lymphocytes are reestablished inside individuals with allergic responses, antibodies were formed which blocked their allergic reactions. Since urine contains some of these rebellious lymphocytes, researchers surmised that giving patients their own urine would effectively reestablish the lymphocytes inside their bodies, thus blocking their allergies. There is evidence indicating that this treatment has been effective.

"However, local doctors said the urine treatment is not scientific, and consuming your own wee is not advised."

not just local ones, I bet.

"However, local doctors said the urine treatment is not scientific, and consuming your own wee is not advised."

not just local ones, I bet.

Your right John... I must state that I'm a plumber and I take no responsibility for anyone drinking wee.

However it does work for me.

I've been really bad over the past month or two, take Cetirizine (sp?) and Lorratadine, neither do a bloody thing!.

Roadtesting motorcycles with your eyes streaming is not a good pass time..

I cycle to work in a morning, might try some glasses to stop the pollen hitting my eyes.

I can sympathise with the tiredness, I'm completely done in by the end of a working day, really annoying and does get you down.

Only started with it 14 years ago but its making up for lost time.

The nose spray works for a bit but not long enough.

Thanks for all the tips knew I wouldn't be the only one. I used to have access to local honey (neighbour kept bees!) and it did help take the edge off but the bees have gone.

This weekend I had to get out so I tried something different. I put Vaseline up my nostrils and reapply it every hour or so and this has helped greatly with the sneezing, blocked sinuses and running nose. Eyes are still itchy and watery but the Omnichron (sp.) as recommended earlier has helped. Just have to explain carrying a pot of Vaseline around with me.

I think it's karma. When I was younger I would take the mick out of an old friend for his Hayfever, he would look awful the second we were on the playground but it never once bothered me. Then years after when I was about 18 or 19 I did a bikeride to Spondon across lots of fields and had a huge reaction to it. Ever since then it's got worse!

Sponsored Links
Back