any help with wire-less alarms

i take it you are not blind then?

a blind person could see there is a difference between the £2,5K quoute and your £350 quote.

its not for any of us to justify it, always get another quote, but i get the fealing you are not telling all that is in the 2 options, (yours and theirs)

so untill you do, have a nice day

No your right, the wired system had one keypad, less PIR's and less window contacts and only one live siren :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
no it isnt.

the trouble with people like you is you only give a % of the background info.truth often is you dont know 100% of what really happened

What
BT Redcare’s network monitors your alarm over a secure network and guarantees that any activation signals are received by the alarm monitoring centre.

Why?
The police don’t have sufficient resource to respond to all ringing alarm bells, and need evidence of an actual intrusion. Alarm receiving centres will receive the signal via the secure BT Redcare network, alert the police and ensure you get the fastest possible police response.

It took them 3 hours to respond to a 999 call, if you think the above would improve the situation then good luck!

You must have been unlucky then. Maybe a bad night for the police who knows. You really can't blame an alarm for slow police response times.

Anyway you carry on installing your toy alarms, and we will carry on installing our proper ones.

Sponsored Links
as i said, drgl is only giving a small % off all the info.

but thats my opinion, arguing for ever and a day wont stop him with his opinion radio stuff is good.

and untill he can tell us what was quoted for £2.5K that his £350 radio stuff was better at / for it looks like it will stay that way.

"I do a lot of work for a very big national company, they have fully monitored alarms with monitored live CCTV, that didn't stop theives getting away with over £100K's worth of what they sell!!(& it's happened more than once at different locations)."

Suggests to me logo, monitored etc means nothing. The Police took over 3 hours to respond to a 999 call, are you telling me a monitored system would get a better response than a 999 call?! Any alarm can be defeated, snip the phone wire and without a GSM dialler it's powerless.

are we talking cctv? no

are we talking 100k? no, i was talking about a logoed siren on a average joe house! ya know tv, dvd, laptop! not cctv in a comercial property! you go over the top yet again!

you go to any crime prevention officer and ask them logo or no logo, or indeed wireless yale! :LOL:

if i looked at two house's with the same items in! 1 with a yale WIRELESS alarm in and the other with a logoed alarm in with POSSIBLE police responce........where would i hit? :rolleyes: the diy 1 of course

Have you ever had a look at the electronics in these pieces of junk? It's a pile of cack and they're doomed to failure, so no wonder they false alarm and cause so much trouble! Still, if it has Yale printed on it, it must be good...

:rolleyes:

What
BT Redcare’s network monitors your alarm over a secure network and guarantees that any activation signals are received by the alarm monitoring centre.

Why?
The police don’t have sufficient resource to respond to all ringing alarm bells, and need evidence of an actual intrusion. Alarm receiving centres will receive the signal via the secure BT Redcare network, alert the police and ensure you get the fastest possible police response.

It took them 3 hours to respond to a 999 call, if you think the above would improve the situation then good luck!

Last 999 I did after we were burgled they turned up in minutes, and managed to identify the people responsible within about half an hour.

Later that day they raided the house of the people responsible, and my goods were recovered.

Pretty impressive really.

Repsonse times can vary though, 3 hours is pretty atrocious though, maybe they were just very, very busy that time with some major incidents.

Either way, monitored on dualcom/redcare/whatever or a phone dialler that rings you or friends, response time will be whatever they can manage at the time. At least with a ARC someone should be alert 24/7 unlike with a speech dialler that could ring someone with a flat mobile, mobile turned off, or it could ring a landline and its engaged, or they are out, or asleep or very drunk.

Even then with a dialler what are they going to do, they would phone the police, or visit the premises themselves (maybe putting themselves in danger). At least a ARC will contact the police 'properly' and are trained to give the right info, not everyone who a dialler rings may be as well informed or capable at that moment in time. People can be drunk or tired etc....

I will be using a dialler, would love ARC monitoring but its diy so not really possible I think... But I will be using a gsm setup in case phone line is damaged.

If the house is on fire, and I am on holiday for example, I could check the cctv cams on the phone (when I get one suitable) or a laptop if I have net access to see if there is a confirmed fire and ring 999.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back