Anyone been to a british gas assesment day for plumbing job

not surprising with a company that thinks it is reasonable to expect there engineers to do 10 breakdowns a day and call that a normal workload

wrong.

you are not expected to do that. its harder to calculate now as its all changed as of august. as a rough guide 7 or 8 completed jobs a day with around 1 in 13 recalls will net you a middle ground score.

as namsag has said it is possible to do many more in a day depending on your geography and luck in that day.

Sponsored Links
Was my mate lying then when he said he had 45 minutes from door to door when he worked for bg? he used to cover clapham area where you were not very likely to get a speeding ticket during the day
He saw the light about 3 years ago.

not surprising with a company that thinks it is reasonable to expect there engineers to do 10 breakdowns a day and call that a normal workload

wrong.

you are not expected to do that. its harder to calculate now as its all changed as of august. as a rough guide 7 or 8 completed jobs a day with around 1 in 13 recalls will net you a middle ground score.

as namsag has said it is possible to do many more in a day depending on your geography and luck in that day.

Yep thats right.

Around 7/8 is expected + giving out best advice when required ie co detectors and system replacements/upgrades only when required. No hard selling is allowed and i've never witnessed it.

The time slots for jobs have changed recently so your now allowed 1hr to service a boiler, forgot what the times are for other appliances, but the time allowed is fair and i've heard no complaints from other lads on the patch

As far as working for them goes, it really depends on your patch and how good your TSM and managers are, as with all major companies there are some good and some bad.

On a good note how many other companies out there allow you to work as much over-time as you want to do? and the equipment supplied is the best that you can have

Gasright , the hard sell or pressure selling by fear is more the norm throught the company than not you are lucky that you are in an area that doesn`t push it.

Sponsored Links
and the equipment supplied is the best that you can have

Did you never get a p2? :D, notice you no longer get fluke or other decent equipment either. In an 8 hour day you are expected to attend 9 asvs or 8 breakdowns, obviously in the summer you can add one more to that. The whole point of the new measurement was to allow you good times on your upgrade sales, leads etc.
The job could be fantastic, I was well into the 40 something k bracket without working as hard as I would on my own, but it isn't its just ok

namsag, i think that is the percieved norm but as long as you are not on a zero list then you probably wont get a great deal of hassle. not unless you are weed who wont stand up for himself :LOL:

ollski, the p2 is greatly improved and no longer crashes but ultimately utterly pointless, i use the bg simcard in an old nokia as the p2 is like an 80's brick.

whilst the new measurement is heavily influenced by "best advice" i haven't sold a bloody thing bar a few upgrades since the new scheme started and im only 16 hours down, compared to some blokes im romping home for the win and not even trying. sales actually do not matter.

Nickso without going offtrack on a public forum the p2 with the new software is a joke we have had several engineers who have had 5 or 6 replaced in a few weeks. Management know its appalling but wont be seen to u turn.
At the end of the day a medium cost upgrade wins you almost a days performance currently and although they are no longer supposed to measuring they most definitely are.

not according to my stats sheets. 1 upgrade=1hour.

ill take your word for it on the p2 as ive not heard of any probs in my area and i dont use it anymore :LOL:

I am not quite sure where this fits into BG operations.

I went out to a Doctor today who had a Biasi M96 heat only boiler.

BG had attended on Christmas day!!! Young fellow spent 10 minutes and saw water leaking from the second heat exchanger and pronounced it was faulty and they would order another. Ten days later by today they have not found one and he still had no heating or hot water!

When I went today I found the condensate ball valve stuck and the recouperator full of water!

Now just how long would it have taken the BG fellow to have checked for that? Perhaps he just wanted to get off home and had no interest in fixing the boiler?

Tony

yeah the p2 is next to useless, all i use it for now is calling ahead and as a mobile.

when the printers were taken away last year the i found myself resetting the p2 about 4 times a day. good idea about using an old nokia instead, will you still receive all texts though?

yeah the p2 is next to useless, all i use it for now is calling ahead and as a mobile.

when the printers were taken away last year the i found myself resetting the p2 about 4 times a day. good idea about using an old nokia instead, will you still receive all texts though?

ah that may explain it. we are still using the printers so havent had the updated software. wont matter to me anyway.

i get all my texts and the only downfall is i have to swap everything back when i have to use the p2 when the laptops are down.....about once a year i suppose.

You would have thought with the money a doctor earns he would have a half decent boiler. And save pestering someone on xmas day. ;)

I had no problem with the Biasi boiler or the Santon unvernted!

But 28 kW in a very small two bed house???

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back