Anyone been to a british gas assesment day for plumbing job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone done a british gas plumbing job assesment day?
I have been invited to go in 2 weeks time.I cant find any info on the net regarding what exercises you have to do.The time slots were every 90 mins i could choose,so can be more than an hour or so.Any info would be great.
ben

Sponsored Links
if you are halfways decent you will have no problems.

that was my point if he is halfway decent he will be wasted going there to work.

Sponsored Links
depends on your point of view. easy money IMO.

i realise im in a minority group here though :LOL:

Yep, went for installers job(Leicester office). Got treated to a written exam consisting of multiple choice questions and short/long answers then an interview/chat. was there about 2 hours. if you dont pass the theory you dont get the interview.

Was tempted but having to lose my own Corgi Reg wouldn't prove benefical.Sub contractor was also discussed but again i wasn't keen, some of the lads do it and dont half get messed about.

cheers guys for the swift replies.Its for the plumbing role,not gas.Im new to the game,2 years experience..Just need to know what exercises they have planned for me.God i hope they don't have me building a house with lego in 2 teams of 5 people like i did years ago for an assesment.
ben

search the forum on british gas, it may give you an idea how the general perception is

cheers guys for the swift replies.Its for the plumbing role,not gas.Im new to the game,2 years experience..Just need to know what exercises they have planned for me.God i hope they don't have me building a house with lego in 2 teams of 5 people like i did years ago for an assesment.
ben

i doubt that will happen :LOL: although the management is getting worse so you never know.

i wouldnt bother searching the forum for "general perception" of BG as all you are likely to find are women with balls talking rubbish about things they dont know about.

i just need to know what exercises they want me to do.its a good job as far as pay goes,22k i think,i will dig out the figures.
ben

[

Was tempted but having to lose my own Corgi Reg wouldn't prove benefical.Sub contractor was also discussed but again i wasn't keen, some of the lads do it and dont half get messed about.[/quote]

At least they told you first,when i joined last march,there was no mention of having to give up my own Corgi reg,then at the first team meeting,we were told "Give it up or face dismissal" :evil: ive kept my Corgi so far,and will be starting a new job on 21st Jan.(BG dont know yet). :D

[ although the management is getting worse so you never know.

Never a truer word spoke....at every level. Not a good time to join up at the moment although with the number going out the door (or hoping to) probably fairly easy to get in.

[ although the management is getting worse so you never know.

Never a truer word spoke....at every level. Not a good time to join up at the moment although with the number going out the door (or hoping to) probably fairly easy to get in.

hope i do get in.why are so many leaving? the grass insnt greener being self employed.I have been very slow since xmas eve
ben :cry:

our plumber left cos he was having to do jobs he wasnt qualified for. if you stick to your guns about your job description then its ok.

i doubt you will be doing upgrades, more likely to be doing cylinders, rads and anything else that the lazy sods cant be bothered doing. good thing about being a plumber is you wont be on the performance scheme so your time is pretty much your own to manage, was round here anyway.

losing your ability to do homers on a seperate corgi reg obviously wont be an issue for you, just be careful on the homers you do do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back