Anyone do ACoPs pre 1998?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any of you more mature gas fitters do ACoPs and if so do you still have your Certs?

Sponsored Links
Any of you more mature gas fitters do ACoPs and if so do you still have your Certs?
:confused: whats the reason ? ?? you have to re-qualify every five years and pay handsomely for the privilege:censored: , why would you want to know if they still had the certs from over 8 years ago

I did ACoPs at my local college in 1997 but can't mind my certs, I'm trying to find out who the issuing body was so I can get copies.
The local college can't seem to help!

why do you need copies ?, they have all changed over now and it may be hard to obtain copies.

Sponsored Links
I stopped working on domestic gas in 1998 and had a fairly major career change, I now work in gas production and storegage but I'd like to become an RGI.
If I can produce evidence of my expired ACoPs I can be assesed for ACS as a category 1 applicant, the problem I have (or probably will have) is producing the original certs.
I'm hoping that if I can find out who the original issuing body was I may be able to obtain copies although I suspect that it was in fact the local college who issued them directly as these were the days before the assesment process was consistently applied from centre to centre.
As I recall we got issued with the certs for turning up (well almost anyway)!!

I did it but had a look and dont have the certs, I think it was similar to now where there were a number of bodies doing it and not just the one

Thats what I think as well Ian, I seem to recall that it was the college itself that issued the certs and that they weren't issued by an independent body like UKAS.
Nobody at the college seem to know!

All my certs were issued by CITB, King's Lynn. They were the major provider, and I still have a list of centres offering their certification. I seem to remember one other national provider, possibly Btec, who were definately going then. I don't think any single centres could self certify in '97. Post the name of your local college, and I will check the list.

Sorry, no Scunthorpe colleges on my CITB list. I suggest you try Bpec (not Btec!), or even the dreaded CORGI. The certifying body was supposed to notify them direct.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back