Anyone for flatpack?

Sponsored Links
I always dread it when my wife comes back from IKEA.

1) I won't like the furniture, 'cos its of low quality in my opinion. (Have to hold my tongue though 'cos I'm well trained.

2) I don't really like the style of it

3) I much prefer expensive solid wood stuff, even if that means having to save up

4) I know exactly how my Sunday will be spent. Actually I have to admit I'm quite a dab hand at assembling the stuff, but I'm even better at taking down 2 years later and putting it on the bonfire.

Also, a question for the married blokes here, is it just my wife, or does your furniture get re-arranged on a regular basis without any discussion :?:

Well, everything you buy these days you have to build, but its interesting to see all the new fixings that have had to be invented to put them all together like those funny little round things you have to twist into the funny little stickyout bolts, we ordered a wine rack which turned up last night flat pack I got the misses to do it ha! not a happy girl.

What can we expect from our Govn when we behave like that -- 'kin Grockles !!
;)

Sponsored Links
Never been to an Ikea in my life but then i've never had much time for fashion fads

Eddie M said:
Also, a question for the married blokes here, is it just my wife, or does your furniture get re-arranged on a regular basis without any discussion :?:

Nope, that definitely is a 'Woman' thing. Heard some funny stories about blokes jumping into bed in the dark...... only to find it aint where it used to be! Ouch!!!

Nope, that definitely is a 'Woman' thing. Heard some funny stories about blokes jumping into bed in the dark...... only to find it aint where it used to be! Ouch!!!
well I,ve done that many times but the beds still in the same place its usually on a friday night after a few pints of pop!

Not just a married thing, I've never even co-habited but have still come back from a holiday to find my bathroom colour scheme changed, and gone round to hers to find the living room is totally back to front to how it was. :LOL:

Its one of those little quirks of the gender that makes us love them so, bless 'em. They love our occasional bouts of manly agression and fixing things, we love their nesting and maternal instincts. More the nesting instincts than the maternal ones. They can be scary at times. :eek:

I can appreciate it must be annoying for those of you who co-habit, you spend ages getting the TV in just the right place, the speakers perfectly positioned and the sofa in the middle. Then she comes along and bu**ers it all up. Before you know it, the telly is shoved in the CORNER, and the 6-foot tall rack of hi-fi has disappeared in favour of one of those little boxes with flashing lights. And you can't find your p*rn.

Eddie M said:
Will you marry me Eddie? :LOL:

masona said:
Eddie M said:
Will you marry me Eddie? :LOL:

Depends, how rich are you?

Know the feeling, sorry but 2 paupers together ... wedding's off :LOL:

I posted this about two weeks ago

got so fed up, took the wife shopping

icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

went to Ikea for only the second time in my life

It reminded me why I said after the first time "never again"

those shops are the pits

how are they so succesful??

Well you see, it is a subtle marketing technique that appeals to both men AND women.

They use words like "furniture", "cushions", "lifestyle", "chic" etc. to get women's attention. Then to attract the attention of men, they use the word "Swedish". :LOL:

I had promissed my daughter to take her to the opening in Edmonton. (she's just got a new flat and wants some cheap furniture). Luckily, I forgot all about it. I heard there was also a stabbing :eek: She's forgiven me for not taking her now.

Sponsored Links
Back