Anyone here build they're own shed?

What shallow angle? Unsure of the drop yet but about 150mm/200mm maybe up to 225mm.

Sponsored Links
is it piched or slopping
ive got a piched roof it 24 " in60" thats about 34 degrees

9" in 40" is a bit shallow i think but i am no expert

Slopping (Pent style)

My friend who build one said 1" for every 12"

Also he sadi get Marine Ply for the roof, or should OSB be ok?

well i use exterior ply a lot cheeper than marine ply
the only difference between them is marine ply has continuous layers and external ply may have joins or small gaps in the internal ply layers

personaly i would go for 18mm exterior ply for roof and floor

Sponsored Links
6" drop should be fine for this, remember that felt is often used on flat roofs with less drop than this. You should not need to paint the roof with anything first. If the roof is going to get much sun on it I would use felt adhesive as well as clout nails.

petewood said:
6" drop should be fine for this, remember that felt is often used on flat roofs with less drop than this. You should not need to paint the roof with anything first. If the roof is going to get much sun on it I would use felt adhesive as well as clout nails.

yeh i agree but surely he will either need a very large overlap or some sort of adhesive to stop the water being blown under the felt !!!!!

i dont know the answer thats why i was querying it ;)

Thanks for the Felt adhensive info, The over hang will prob be 12".

Looking forward to building it now, but gotta do 60feet of fencing and a 3.6x3.6m deck first.

So my timber yard is gonna love me.

12" overlap is plenty, use 2 rows of nails about 4" apart and water will not blow under very far. I used to sometimes use a bit of adhesive on the joint, as over a period of time the felt can start to curl back to a certain extent, but I would not go to the trouble of adhering the whole roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back