Anyone here build they're own shed?

Sponsored Links
big-all said:
dont forget you will need a foundation or base
if you have a base youll need another 9m strait run for a skirting to cover the woodwork underneath although 20mm will be above floor to cover the 20mm shortfall 990 +990=1980

Ok the shed will go on a concrete, as it's already there, it may need to be level, and i'll use breeze blocks for this, but i doubt it's that high, maybe even just add more wood to the back.

Now the other bit you said has gone staight over me, can you explain like you talking to a child please :)

ok each plank covers 110mm so 18 planks x110=1980 not quite covering your 2m hight on the side so an additional plank at the bottom will fill that space [20mm] plus cover the thickness of the floor app 18mm and leaving about 3 " to cover the woodwork or whatever you have underneath

clear as mudd eeehh :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Hightowermark said:
Thanks again,

Yes havent taken out the Window but as you said waste, the door eill be made out of the same thing aswell.

What drop do you need to make the slope for the pent would a 6" drop be okay?

And i asume you lay the Shiplap lengh ways?

Cheers V Helpful

yes lengh ways

slope depends on construction felt and tar shallow angle felt slates or tiles about 34 degrees i belive so not shure

Sponsored Links
Just had a quote from my local building yard, is this any good?

16mm x 125mm Shiplap £0.80 per metre

you will have to add on preasure treatment[20% ish] and vat but thats pretty fair price[even better if its preasure treated] thats pretty much what they quoted me before 19% discount make shure you ask for a discount ;)

did you manage to look at the thread i posted the link to!!!!

Thanks Al, will get confirmation if it's treated.

Yes did get a look, did'nt see any pics though, would appricate if you could send me some to have a look at?

Also what pins/screws would you use to attach the Shiplap as havent seen it before?

Hightowermark said:
Also what pins/screws would you use to attach the Shiplap as havent seen it before?

2" galvanised wire nails. Applied with a hammer!

no pictures because the digital camera beat me well managed to get then in the camera tranfer onto the computer then loose them in cyber space :rolleyes: ;)

i used 4by 40mm gold screws now not ideal as the usual is galvanised nails i chose screws as the stability of the wood was in the back of my mind[shrinkage ;) ]glad i did allowed removal and realinement without much trouble also think they look quite good against the green timber you just use on per plank per support
at the end off the summer i will be giving it a farther couple off coats to see it through the next thee or four winters

Hightowermark said:
Depend how fussy you are about appearance, I use screws from the inside using small batten fixed to the upright stud so no fixing show on the outside. I think also loglap look better than shiplap, doesn't look too flat but your choice though.

Screws would be better

Can someone tell me how many meters i will need, if it's 18^2

And the boards are the size above.

well the boards are the same as i mentioned 110mm they start out at 127 [5"] and with working finnish up at 110
you need to know what length they can offer you and work out a plan to be the most ecenomocal or if you want to assume the windows ect will approach 20%
wall 19x3m=57m end=1.5x19=27.5add both together =85
85x2=170m

in the hight as i say above youwill need 19lengths to span 2m high

Okay can someone confirm this is correct

3mx2m side and a 1.5mx2m end

125mm/2000mm = 16 shipalps up

16x3m = 48m*2 =98m

16 shipx1.5m =24m*2 = 48m

Total 144m

Total cost at 80p Per meter = £115.20 (ex Vat)

I'm gonna be spending a good £600/£700 as need decking too, and fence stuff.

What sort of discount do you think is not being too cheeky.

So the Shiplap is 125mm but you take off the bit that will end up in the other end.

Cheers Big-all mcuch appricated for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back