Anyone here ever received breach of condition - hours of working?

Get them to actually work during the prescribed hours. They must be real slackers if they can't get their day done within eight hours.
You're avoid the real question and digressing. Besides, why are you indicating someone else is a slacker for arriving at 7.30 and leaving at 6pm and only takes 30 min for lunch and doesn't smoke. Are you worried this will change the face of the building industry in the UK because builders tend to work til 4.30pm (that's of course when they manage to make in to work, when their grand mother etc hasn't just passed away for the 5th time in 6 weeks)?

Sponsored Links
No one needs to be on site at six. That is ridiculous.

It'll be winter soon. What will they do then - wear helmet lamps.:rolleyes:

I'm still in the office right now. I started work at 8am. I can assure you, I work very hard and I dont smoke.

We've digressed from the main point though...

I'm still in the office right now. I started work at 8am. I can assure you, I work very hard and I dont smoke.

We've digressed from the main point though...
The loudest thing you do is tap your keyboard.

I do eight hours on site. I do an average of two hours office work on week days and three or more on Saturdays after measure ups.

Sponsored Links
says no construction work after 6 or before 8.
I havent got a notice. Im getting complaints from the neighbour who is threatening to speak to the council.

It's really a condition to ensure that construction noise doesn't interfere with neighbours of the development. If you're really that concerened then give the planners a quick call and ask them to clarify the condition. You don't even have to give them any details other than you're enquiring about that particular condition in general on a granted planning application.

I see both sides - simply keep the timings strict and don't even start loading out until the time stated and clean up 30 mins before the end of the agreed time.

Alternatively, keep it up until the council gets involved but believe me, if it's as you say it is, then it'll play out as I've said - just get on and get off site ASAP.

There's plenty of definition in the TCPA about the meaning of "development", which is a word more probable on your granted permission than the word "construction".

In users opinion, would you consider the sign put up the scaffolding company in this photo to be intrusive on the neighbour who is now complaining about another issue which I consider petty. We have asked the builder to take it down anyway, but I got into a rant with the neighbour at 7pm after he called me complaining that it was visible outside his bedroom window (left of the sign) despite he acknowledging that the sign is clearly on my side of the boundary when I challenged him. Trying to keep the peace but its just getting silly (ever since he asked us to put away the deck chairs in our rear garden because his wife can see them).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back