Anyone know of a LED G9 bulb suitable for use in a oven?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My oven take 2 x 25w G9 bulbs and was wondering if their is any energy saving bulbs that I can use to replace the halogen ones in my oven?

I guess a standard G9 LED won't stand the high temps (230C oven plus bulb below grill element) in the oven, but is their any energy efficient alternative?

Sponsored Links
My oven take 2 x 25w G9 bulbs and was wondering if their is any energy saving bulbs that I can use to replace the halogen ones in my oven? ... I guess a standard G9 LED won't stand the high temps (230C oven plus bulb below grill element) in the oven, but is their any energy efficient alternative?
I don't know - but unless someone has found a way to manufacture something specifically for such a purpose (sounds expensive!), I really can't see any LED lamp, or any sort of energy-saving lamp (which will contain electronics) being able to cope with oven/grill temperatures.

Given that the lights will presumably only be on when the oven or grill is on, doesn't that 50W fade into insignificance in comparison with the element load?

Kind Regards, John

Leave one of the bulbs out - or both - or

wire in a switch so you can switch them off when you're not looking.

It's a modern touchpad type oven, so I can easily turn the lights off EFLI. Just wonderd if thier were any LED/CFL bulbs that can withstand the high tempretures in ovens.

I wanted to improve the lumen per watt ratio of my ovens light source but not really that important, plus John has a fair point about the ovens overall power consumption.

It all started when I had a moment of wondering why ovens these days don't come with some sort of special built-in LED light source and so I wondered if I could retrofit such a bulb.

Sponsored Links
It all started when I had a moment of wondering why ovens these days don't come with some sort of special built-in LED light source and so I wondered if I could retrofit such a bulb.
As has been said, I very much doubt whether such lamps/bulbs exist. It would be a hassle as a retrofit, but if you were a manufacturer wanting to do something like this, I suppose you could have an LED light source external to the 'very hot' parts of the oven, with a fibre-optic transfer of light to the oven cavity.

Kind Regards, John

Why would you want a bulb giving light only? You want the heat so the heat from the quartz halogen bulb is not waisted but is assisting in the cooking of the food so there is no unused energy to save.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back