Anyone Know Of Any Good Sources Of Information To Learn DIY?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone I am new to this forum can anyone tell me of any good sources of information for teaching yourself DIY for jobs around the home? I am useless and can not even put a shelf up was hoping there might be some info on here.

Sponsored Links
Its quite simple, you send me £500 and i'll tell you what you want to know :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I must stress however that DIY is not hip anymore, the latest craze sweeping the nation is GSI.

Lastly i don't think there are many DIYers on this forum, most are tradesmen but there are a few cowboys :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

'Good sources of information' are normally passed down from father to son.

Ask your dad to do it for you.

Andy

Hello everyone I am new to this forum can anyone tell me of any good sources of information for teaching yourself DIY for jobs around the home? I am useless and can not even put a shelf up was hoping there might be some info on here.

You are NOT useless!!!!!!!!! thats a sign of a defeatest...I am not a tradesman in the building/plumbing/joinery dept ao anything to do with issues in the home..but first of all whatever you are going to do study it first ,work how what you need and then have a go ..but anything that can kill you or someone else ...LEAVE to the experts, mainly gas or electrics....but for all other aspects come and ask for advice ..there are a few jokers (as above) but majority of them will help where they can

Sponsored Links
Oh and there is a certain person on here I call him richard cranium,alot of members dont like him..... he is giving out advice of heating/plumbing but not qualified.....its like farmers giving turkeys advice on xmas

Some may laugh, but B & Q do a diy book which would be great for a complete beginner.

Oh and there is a certain person on here I call him richard cranium,alot of members dont like him..... he is giving out advice of heating/plumbing but not qualified.....its like farmers giving turkeys advice on xmas

If he's wrong then challenge him (whoever it is). If he's right - then STFU. :mrgreen:

Have you challenged him yet? Well he must be right then eh? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Some may laugh, but B & Q do a diy book which would be great for a complete beginner.

Yep, that B&Q DIY book is a very good start. You do need to know a bit of 'theory' about the work you are going to do.

Lots of people on these forums are very knowledgable & helpful, just don't ask them how much it's going to cost.

Lots of people on these forums haven't got a clue. Don't ask them anything.

Some people are knowledgable on one forum, then it goes to their head, and they start posting on another forum where they don't have a clue. They are the ones you need to watch out for, they can really stuff you up.

Best way to learn DIY is to practice, there is no substitute for experience and that applies to DIY as well as the tradesmen you get in for your hard earned cash.

But at the end of the day it's down to whether you are confident or not really.

If he's wrong then challenge him (whoever it is). If he's right - then STFU. :mrgreen:

Joe...I hope you dont think I was referring to you....I dont know about central heating/plumbing/gas issues ..but the pleb I was referring to is always being corrected,everybody hates him...you know who...I was advising the op to be wary of him

Joe...I hope you dont think I was referring to you....I dont know about central heating/plumbing/gas issues ..but the pleb I was referring to is always being corrected,everybody hates him...you know who...I was advising the op to be wary of him

I knew who you were referring to bodgeit ;) perhaps we should all just call him "the obnoxious bstrd" from now on, then no one will be in any doubt.

I knew who you were referring to bodgeit ;) perhaps we should all just call him "the obnoxious bstrd" from now on, then no one will be in any doubt.

Maybe.....but I prefer to call him richard cranium

Nah Woody is number 1.

PP is a bit further down the list.

Sponsored Links
Back