Any musicians on here

Sponsored Links
Mother of Pearl Mattie. When sanding the fretboard down, you have to wear a mask as MOP is carcinogenic ;) ;) ;)

I say I play guitar - so I proved it. I say I build guitars from parts and set them up - and I've proved it. It's the internet mate, Everyone is a cage fighting, womanising, F1 driver - so we have to prove it. All JJ has proven is that he knows sweet FA about pickups and can't even spell 'Squier' properly - he thinks it's 'Squire'. What a complete loser. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I really hate to say this, but I think you've just been shat on joe. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I'm a stone lighter now. Why don't you post a picture of you? (he won't). :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

grow up Joe.... i'm an inch shorter in height than you, not ideal weight, but keeping it in check, but far more handsome than you !!!! jeez you're an ugly foocer !! ;)

Why don't you re-post that picture of you in your conservatory?

I recall that you have an unusually dark complexion. Not good looking by any standard. Why do you think you are?

They are the best to my ears - I've got a box full of big name pickups that stay in the box. Tonerider are the best I've ever tried - and I've tried lots.

I say I play guitar - so I proved it. I say I build guitars from parts and set them up - and I've proved it. It's the internet mate, Everyone is a cage fighting, womanising, F1 driver - so we have to prove it. All JJ has proven is that he knows sweet FA about pickups and can't even spell 'Squier' properly - he thinks it's 'Squire'. What a complete loser. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I really hate to say this, but I think you've just been shat on joe. :LOL: :LOL:

Eh?

I say I build guitars from parts and set them up - and I've proved it.

Just because I spelled the name of a cheap guitar incorrectly, probably goes some way to show what I think of these Toys

You originally said that you build guitars (you omitted the ready made parts list) You never once intimated that you "assembled" guitars, Whereas, I did state that I design and build guitars from scratch.
Therefore I reckon this makes you the loser Joe. Buying parts off EBay, assembling them and flogging them ain't much of a hobby, and to be quite frank, doesn't take much skill. Leo Fender , by his own admission, was an engineer. That shows in the way his guitars were manufactured in the 50's. Just because they have become classic guitars doesn't detract from their original purpose (to bring cheap electric guitars to an eager public)
You probably think your following in his footsteps now. Keep up the good work Joe. BTW did you perhaps sell one of your "Frankencasters" to a certain Tom Plumb from Wigan??
If so, you forgot to make sure the body actually belonged to the neck. His can't keep tune as you play further up the neck, due to the fact that the nut to 12th fret measurement is almost 3/4" different than the 12th fret to bridge measurement. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

BTW almost forgot. I bought my eldest grandchild a "kit guitar" for his birthday last year (cost about £150), thinking I could help him put it together. Went to see him a month after his birthday and it was almost ready for the frets to be flattened then dressed. (and he knew nothing about assembling a guitar, but was able to follow the instructions provided) His age??/15 yrs old.

When you can play better than Tom Plumb then you can criticize him. Now let's hear you play that 'creation' (ugly as it is). Stick a vid on You Tube. (he won't).

And if you think Squier are toys - then you really are clueless.

When you can play better than Tom Plumb then you can criticize him. Now let's hear you play that 'creation' (ugly as it is). Stick a vid on You Tube. (he won't).

And if you think Squier are toys - then you really are clueless.

First point Joe, Nowhere in my post did I criticize Tomp.
Second point, I don't think my "creation" is ugly (and only your comments so far seem to imply that)
Third point. Video on you tube?? Hmmm Perhaps I will sort one out (although you'll probably only rip the p**s, so it would be a fruitless exercise.)
Fourth point, Squier guitars are cheaply produced for a market squarely aimed at beginners who don't want to pay too much for their first guitar, hence the "toy" reference.
There are some excellent guitar manufacturers out there who copy the main makers fare, such as Tokai,,
but Squier certainly ain't amongst them.

They are the best to my ears - I've got a box full of big name pickups that stay in the box. Tonerider are the best I've ever tried - and I've tried lots.

well if they are the best to your ears then use them, but that certainly doesn't mean they're the best sounding for everyone
Maybe you are starting to lose the top end of your hearing (comes with age mate) so they just sound better (to you)

out of interest what do they sound better for?
clean, overdrive, jazz, blues rock etc?

There are some excellent guitar manufacturers out there who copy the main makers fare, such as Tokai,,
but Squier certainly ain't amongst them.

I've owned both. Tokai aren't that good when you look cloesly. The Squiers, however, when set up properly, are fantastic guitars. I guess you just don't know how to set them up.

out of interest what do they sound better for?
clean, overdrive, jazz, blues rock etc?

I don't play overdrive or rock.

Jazz, blues and everything in between. A pickup is only a bobbin of wire - nothing special in there.

A pickup is only a bobbin of wire - nothing special in there.

I don't see the point in your statement Joe, what are you trying to say?
That they're all wound the same, using the same number of turns of the same guage wire around the same strength magnet etc?

surely not though I take your point that the principle design is the same
I used to have a pal who used to rewind pickups, he had loads of charts listing all the specs, wire guage, number of turns etc
he was a great blues player too

Thing is Mattie, Pickups are not all the same. Humbickers are very different beasts compared to single coil pickups. There's a multitude ways of wiring pickups too. Humbuckers alone can be wired a s a humbucker, or single coil, in phase or out of phase too. Each way of wiring or switching changes the sound perceptibly.

Thing is Mattie, Pickups are not all the same. Humbickers are very different beasts compared to single coil pickups. There's a multitude ways of wiring pickups too. Humbuckers alone can be wired a s a humbucker, or single coil, in phase or out of phase too. Each way of wiring or switching changes the sound perceptibly.

Yes john, I know mate, and dont forget the coil taps! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back