Any musicians on here

I say I play guitar - so I proved it.
I say I build guitars from parts and set them up - and I've proved it.

It's the internet mate, Everyone is a cage fighting, womanising, F1 driver - so we have to prove it. All JJ has proven is that he knows sweet FA about pickups and can't even spell 'Squier' properly - he thinks it's 'Squire'. What a complete loser. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I say I play guitar - so I proved it.

It's the internet mate, Everyone is a cage fighting, womanising, F1 driver - so we have to prove it. All JJ has proven is that he knows sweet FA about pickups and can't even spell 'Squier' properly - he thinks it's 'Squire'. What a complete loser. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

well his discription proved it to me more than your photo of a big lump with a guitar bought on ebay from Joiner John!!

:rolleyes:

His description made no sense. He clearly hasn't got a clue - or a picture. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
His description made no sense. He clearly hasn't got a clue - or a picture. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
and you have a picture, but maybe should hide it !!! :rolleyes:

And besides, in my experience on DIYnot overall.... JJ gives a far more balanced view of things than you Joe !.. you should look and learn !!(you big lump! ;) )

I'm a stone lighter now. Why don't you post a picture of you? (he won't). :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just for Joe, I've taken some pics of my Flying V
and uploaded a few just for you

GALLERY]

Guitar
GALLERY]

Close up of bridge etc

GALLERY]

Close up of head.

Fully Brazilian Mahogany body and neck (set neck joint)
Rosewood fretboard.
Ebony faced headstock
Kluson "Tulip" machine heads
Cheapo Gotoh Pickups.
Gibson "Tunomatic" bridge.
Gibson Tailpiece.
D'Addario light gauge strings 0.009

EDIT,,, The finish was grain filled with wood stopper (mahogany shade)sanded then, about 6 or 7 coats of Danish Oil, Lightly sanded down between each coat, then finished with 4 coats of Antique oil, then a quick polish with Pledge.
Fretboard receives a rub down with virgin olive oil occasionally (after cleaning)

I'm a stone lighter now. Why don't you post a picture of you? (he won't). :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

grow up Joe.... i'm an inch shorter in height than you, not ideal weight, but keeping it in check, but far more handsome than you !!!! jeez you're an ugly foocer !! ;)

Just for Joe, I've taken some pics of my Flying V
and uploaded a few just for you

GALLERY]

Guitar
GALLERY]

Close up of bridge etc

GALLERY]

Close up of head.

Fully Brazilian Mahogany body and neck (set neck joint)
Rosewood fretboard.
Ebony faced headstock
Kluson "Tulip" machine heads
Cheapo Gotoh Pickups.
Gibson "Tunomatic" bridge.
Gibson Tailpiece.
D'Addario light gauge strings 0.009

Damn JJ you might have spelt one of them things wrong !!! :rolleyes:

Just because I spelled the name of a cheap guitar incorrectly, probably goes some way to show what I think of these Toys

You originally said that you build guitars (you omitted the ready made parts list) You never once intimated that you "assembled" guitars, Whereas, I did state that I design and build guitars from scratch.
Therefore I reckon this makes you the loser Joe. Buying parts off EBay, assembling them and flogging them ain't much of a hobby, and to be quite frank, doesn't take much skill. Leo Fender , by his own admission, was an engineer. That shows in the way his guitars were manufactured in the 50's. Just because they have become classic guitars doesn't detract from their original purpose (to bring cheap electric guitars to an eager public)
You probably think your following in his footsteps now. Keep up the good work Joe. BTW did you perhaps sell one of your "Frankencasters" to a certain Tom Plumb from Wigan??
If so, you forgot to make sure the body actually belonged to the neck. His can't keep tune as you play further up the neck, due to the fact that the nut to 12th fret measurement is almost 3/4" different than the 12th fret to bridge measurement. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

BTW almost forgot. I bought my eldest grandchild a "kit guitar" for his birthday last year (cost about £150), thinking I could help him put it together. Went to see him a month after his birthday and it was almost ready for the frets to be flattened then dressed. (and he knew nothing about assembling a guitar, but was able to follow the instructions provided) His age??/15 yrs old.

Impressive pictures them joinerjohn, don't know anything about guitars but that can't be easy to make from scratch. Brilliant!!

Took just about a year sooey. When you cut and then plane and sand timber, you have to allow time for the timber to "settle" again before continuing to work on it. (all kept in a place with a fairly consistent humidity etc)
Started a guitar a few years ago and when I cut the neck, I set it to one side and returned to it a month later, only to find the timber had twisted. Tried to plane it flat where the fretboard was going to be glued on, but the timber just "kept on movin". Had to literally throw it away, so around £40-£50 down the drain. (still it made a nice fire along with some offcuts)
Ordering timber off the internet is fine, but you can't select the piece their going to send you. Much better to seek out a good timber yard and spend a few hours picking through the boards.

I play guitar, sing (well try me best :) ) and dapple with keyboards, blues harp and once attempted to learn sax
as far as building guitars from scratch ..no way havent got to time energy or skill
to be fair I have to side with jj on this one, I couldn't do what he has done
john well done! (even though I've never been a fan of flying v's)
Joe, sorry but I can do what you have done I can put a "kit" together no probs
and yes I can set them up too, no probs (good looking tele, even though the intonation might be a bit sus if it isnt the correct neck)

Besides, Tonerider are the best pickups out there - and they are cheap.

decent budget pickups yes, certainly not the best

Matt

Sponsored Links
Back