Noisy Neighbour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of an ongoing feud with my neighbour who has objected to my use of a table saw (10 min max a day) that is housed in my garage. Also dis not happy about me drilling the odd hole here and there! :rolleyes:

He is in his 80s and wishes zero tolerance and so has reported me to the council! :LOL: The council have sent out their standard letter and I have counter complained as he is unreasonably playing his music at a high level after 8 pm! :rolleyes:

I know that the council will not get involved except in excessive cases so I feel he will continue with his racket while I am watching the tv at night.

I have adjusted the volume on my bass guitar to reflect his new volume levels but am finding that the windows and doors are shaking and buzzing for some reason. I hope this is not the case next door! :eek:

Anyone else had problems with a noisy neighbour and how did you deal with it?

Sponsored Links
You posted something similar about 5 years ago. How many holes can a guy drill?

One of my neighbours was a divorcee and noisy in bed. I broached the subject and she said we should discuss it over a cup of tea so I invited her round and gave her one. ;)

One of my neighbours was a divorcee and noisy in bed. I broached the subject and she said we should discuss it over a cup of tea so I invited her round and gave her one. ;)

I'm not giving him one!!!!!!!! :LOL:

If you are making the noise in relation to a business, then he may have a point, and the council will get involved.

I had a neighbour who bought the occasional 2nd hand car, did them up (basic mechanical jobs) and sold them from his drive. Some t@*t reported him and the council served him with notice to cease the practice, or apply for a business licence.

Sponsored Links
I had a problem with a neighbour in my old house a right , miserable old bar steward..he use to moan about everything and in the end I told him where to go..

This ass hole used to get up at 6am and have the tv on full blast which when you have kids is not fair I asked him to turn it down but he just smirked and carried on doing it.

I could have had mine full blast at night but the kids would be in bed. Anyhow borrowed a high volume stack system and when the kids was at school and we was at work I put the speakers against the dividing wall and turned full volume and we all left the house.

Got home from work early on purpose before the kids come home from school and he came out to greet me and asked what is all that for, I just smirked and walked in.......

His noisy antics stopped and that was the end of it..........revenge is sweet

this ass hole used to..........have the tv on full blast................borrowed a high volume stack system and when the kids was at school and we was at work I put the speakers against the dividing wall and turned full volume and we all left the house. ........Noise stopped that was the end of it

I had the self same problem and remedied the situation in exactly the way you did. The problem was solved instantly.

Bacho's neighbour:
If it's DIY work, there's Jack that will/can be done about it, even if walls were holed and saw was used at 3am.

Bacho:
You have more of a claim to environmental noise issues with his music, than your neighbour has with your DIY noise.

I had a neighbours (unemployed house sitting) son come around one morning to complain about me sanding some joint taped ceilings down at 7.00am. He claimed it was illegal, I told him to take a long walk to the local town hall! But not in so many words ;)

This has worked on two occasions. A piece of wood on the party wall and tap it with a lump hammer. The neighbours came flying round, complaining about the noise so I explained, now you know how I feel. Good luck. :D

this ass hole used to..........have the tv on full blast................borrowed a high volume stack system and when the kids was at school and we was at work I put the speakers against the dividing wall and turned full volume and we all left the house. ........Noise stopped that was the end of it

I had the self same problem and remedied the situation in exactly the way you did. The problem was solved instantly.

This won't necessarily work! I'd be very wary of 'playing them at their own game', it might just make the situation worse.

However, if all other avenues have been tried and the problems still persist...

Hi Amy and other replyers

UPDATE.

I had a good Sunday morning practice on my drumkit and in the afternoon my bass guitar volume was adjusted accordingly to reflect the new environment. Indeed it seemed to make the window and doors rattle :evil:

Last night my neighbour had lost his appetite for loud music. ;)

My bass will be returning to normal levels. :D

Hi Amy and other replyers

UPDATE.

I had a good Sunday morning practice on my drumkit and in the afternoon my bass guitar volume was adjusted accordingly to reflect the new environment. Indeed it seemed to make the window and doors rattle :evil:

Last night my neighbour had lost his appetite for loud music. ;)

My bass will be returning to normal levels. :D

Good news :D I hope the peace and quiet continues for you.

This won't necessarily work! I'd be very wary of 'playing them at their own game', it might just make the situation worse.

However, if all other avenues have been tried and the problems still persist...

Amy9, this did work for me ....stage 1 was to ask nicely for him to stop it ( which he never)....stage 2 was to play him at his own game ( he then stopped it) which I am glad about, it never got to stage 3 but believe me when you are really tired ( me anyhow) your personality changes and I am not sure what the outcome would have been but these antics had to stop.
Anyhow I have moved since and my neighbours are great

Sponsored Links
Back