Any musicians on here

I'll show you mine when he shows you his. I tend to buy renovate and sell. I'd like to see him make the necks.
Ah never mind all that tripe man. Lets have a butchers mate.

IF I was to have a go at learning guitar Joe, can you give any tips/point toward any links worth a look?

Sponsored Links
This is my latest creation (if I can remember how to post piccies that is)
GALLERY]

It's a swamp ash Tele named Fran (cuz she's a Frankencaster - a telecaster built of body parts off Ebay) Best sounding and playing tele I've ever played - and I've played loads and loads over the past 50 years.

Sponsored Links
I'll show you mine when he shows you his. I tend to buy renovate and sell. I'd like to see him make the necks.
Ah never mind all that tripe man. Lets have a butchers mate.

IF I was to have a go at learning guitar Joe, can you give any tips/point toward any links worth a look?

You are too old mate. You gotta learn when you are young.

Thanks for the link Blas. TBQH, backup was something I'd never considered before I lost my HDD (pity we're not all as forward looking as Joe)
No problem mate. It's worth signing up even if you never use it but I find it great for sharing photos on the likes of here. As for losing your stuff, it's happened to the best of us John! If nothing else it makes you back-up! Too late I know but then it can happen again. You can get software that will back-up for you periodically. You just tell it when and where you want it to back-up to. Worth getting a separate hard drive for a full back-up.

I back up online - Zone Alarm give you 2 gigs.

Joe, Let's get this straight,,, By your own admission, you don't build guitars. You "Buy , Renovate and Sell" (which is quite removed from starting off with 4 pieces of timber and a few bits of aluminium channel, steel rods and brass) (Yes I even make my own truss rods)
I'm not on here claiming to be a luthier, I'm just a hobbyist. Well If Brian May can build his own guitars, I'm bloody well sure I can too. Over the last 7 yrs, I have designed and built 6 guitars ranging from a Flying V copy, a Gibson Explorer type (with through neck) a couple of Strat variations, a Telecaster and a LP type guitar with flamed maple bookmatched top. (all very playable) Of these I have over these years given two to grandchildren, gave one to a very good friend and sold two. I've kept my own Flying V (simply because I love them)
I have made mistakes whilst building guitars (one of which was quite costly (neck blank timber moved, once worked on rendering it useless)

Quite honestly Joe, why you come on here questioning what people do and wanting absolute proof of what they do, is beyond me. Were you perhaps abused as a child, and now don't trust anyone at all? Your pathetic whinging on here is beyond belief. almost every day you question everything that anyone mentions. Honestly, to me , you appear to be a TROLL of the highest order.

Joe, Let's get this straight,,, By your own admission, you don't build guitars. You "Buy , Renovate and Sell" (which is quite removed from starting off with 4 pieces of timber and a few bits of aluminium channel, steel rods and brass) (Yes I even make my own truss rods)
I'm not on here claiming to be a luthier, I'm just a hobbyist. Well If Brian May can build his own guitars, I'm bloody well sure I can too. Over the last 7 yrs, I have designed and built 6 guitars ranging from a Flying V copy, a Gibson Explorer type (with through neck) a couple of Strat variations, a Telecaster and a LP type guitar with flamed maple bookmatched top. (all very playable) Of these I have over these years given two to grandchildren, gave one to a very good friend and sold two. I've kept my own Flying V (simply because I love them)
I have made mistakes whilst building guitars (one of which was quite costly (neck blank timber moved, once worked on rendering it useless)

Quite honestly Joe, why you come on here questioning what people do and wanting absolute proof of what they do, is beyond me. Were you perhaps abused as a child, and now don't trust anyone at all? Your pathetic whinging on here is beyond belief. almost every day you question everything that anyone mentions. Honestly, to me , you appear to be a TROLL of the highest order.

seems like someone has finally got the measure of old Joe !!! ;)

It's not that mate - I just don't believe you. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back