Apple ipod question

I

imamartian

hi, i have just bought an ipod... and i have a few hundred tracks already on my pc, i want to upload... can i load files of any format onto the ipod?

and what folder do i put them in?

Calendars
Contracts
IPOD_control... ETC

Sponsored Links
hi, i have just bought an ipod... and i have a few hundred tracks already on my pc, i want to upload... can i load files of any format onto the ipod?

and what folder do i put them in?

Calendars
Contracts
IPOD_control... ETC

Hi,

In order to make it easy to synchronize the MP3's / Audio files on your PC with your iPod, I would recommend downloading and installing iTunes.

Once you have installed iTunes and when you run it for the first time, it will ask you if you want it to scan your computer for any Audio files. Let it do this, and when it has finished, connect your iPod and follow the easy instructions on-screen. Tell it that you want to synchronize everything in your iTunes Library and then it should send them to your new iPod.

I think that is the correct way - I haven't plugged in a new iPod to my computer for a while.

Hope this helps!

Tony

I've just done the same and bought an 80GB iPod classic so I can put my entire music collection on and have it in the car without scratching the CDs rolling around the glove box :rolleyes:

I downloaded iTunes before I even connected it, and it has so far gone very well. It takes a while for it to convert all the songs, but my work computer isn't doing anything else (even if it should be)!

Just drag and drop the music files from your PC into the iPod and it'll work out where to put them.

Sponsored Links
Yamipod is a great free tool which not only allows you to transfer from PC to Ipod but from ipod back to PC great if you have to reinstall your PC.

[/url]www.yamipod.com

Back