Appliance in same understairs cupboard as gas meter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I need to de-clutter our smaill London house and was thinking to replace the current freezer (which takes up living room space) with a small chest freezer and install it under the stairs with the gas meter and house electrical fuse box etc. The front of this storage area is covered by a curtain half way down and the remainder by a couch.
The couch does not have a solid base so air can flow under it to the storage area. It can also be moved slightly away from the storage area.

Is this ok or a fire risk?

Thanks

8603296552_171d203534_h.jpg

Sponsored Links
I don't think the gas is a fire risk, but not having the fuse cover on that consumer unit might well be.

I also can't see any signs of any main earthing for that electrical installation or main bonding to the gas.

Isn't there supposed to be 25mm separation between the consumer unit and the gas pipe? Look like they're touching in the picture.

Gasa install pipes should be 150mm away from meters, CU's switches, outlets.

Supply cables 25mm

Unless non combustible insulation barrier is used.

Thats in OSG which quotes BS6891

Sponsored Links
On a purely practical basis, putting a freezer in a cupboard is going to result in a significant heat build up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back