Aquaseal victim looking for help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
We had our roof done by aquaseal in 2003, we were given a ten year guarantee but when we called them to have work done to repair or flaking moss covered roof, they told us they did not carry out the initial work despite the fact that the managing director is still one James Williamson, they are still called Aquasel and still triding from Glasgow.
Help please

Sponsored Links
Contact trading standards. I was surprised at the clout they have!

Sponsored Links
Aquaseal are renowned for changing their trading name although they keep the same brand name - A quick check on Companies house will confirm that.

I spoke to a neighbour who had aquaseal from Glasgow do his semi last year and was charged £1500. He has not had problems yet but I do know that the product they use requires a primer which wasn't used. The paint manufacture gives the guarentee which is for ten years but only if it is applied correctly with the primer etc. Aquaseal are only passing a ten year guarentee for the paint not the workmanship I imagine through the paint manufacturer (Mathys). Frankly not worth the paper it was written on if the job was not done properly. Hope you get a response from trading standards but I imagine it will be off to the small claims court possibly at great cost to yourself.

Hi
I found this post re Aquaseal and wondered if you would mind telling me if you got anywhere with your claim against them?
We have had our roof done by them and have had nothing but problems, internal water leaks etc, in fact due to the damage they have caused we will prob need a new roof.
Were you successful in your claim?

Thanks

Aquash / seal / have used Mathy in the past but also one or two other makes of coating. Can you verify the problem and your location. There seems to be a lot of issues with this product and I am doing a bit of a report on the 'companies' (freelance writer for mags etc). There is a growing numbert of ex-aquas*** staff now setting themselves up too. We have heard of travellers also undercutting everyone else and hand painting with red floor paint after a quick wash.
The warranty IS from the manufacturer and many of these 'companies' have no after sales service to speak of. One such 'large' supplier has 38 cases with Trading standards across the UK.
YES THEY SHOULD PUT A PRIMER ON CONCRETE TILES< AND NO THEY SHOULD NOT ADD THIS COATING TO SLATE OR CLAY TILES.
We have records of one company offering 15 year warranty despire being a one man band and making the coating himself from emulsion paint.
My story (once finished) will be offered to the general media.

send messages of your horrer stories :mad:

and wondered if you would mind telling me if you got anywhere with your claim against them?

don't hold your breath.

aquasealvictim2008, who started this topic did so on August 18th, the only other post he wrote, was made on August 19th. he has never been heard of since.

This was a public service post

Hi
I found this post re Aquaseal and wondered if you would mind telling me if you got anywhere with your claim against them?
We have had our roof done by them and have had nothing but problems, internal water leaks etc, in fact due to the damage they have caused we will prob need a new roof.
Were you successful in your claim?

Thanks

Unfortunately Aquasealvictim was assaniated earlier this year coincidentally after a payout from a roof painting company. :)

English Gypsies :confused: : Feckless Irish Tinkers morelike :idea:

2 years ago and well within the guarantee period. I contacted Aquaseal Coatings of Glasgow regarding the paint peeling off my parents roof. They were told according to their literature that having the roof coated costs about 30% of having a new roof installed. they paid £2700 to have a 3 bedroom bungalow coated. numerous phone calls took place and 1 visit where it was agreed the roof needed re-doing. The workers were given several opportunities to turn up but failed to do so. Their after sales service is not existant. I wrote them a very strongly worded letter to which they didn't even reply. To save any further hassle my parents enquired about a completely new roof and suprise suprise it cost them £3200. Think carefully before you use this company and get a quote for a new roof instead of a paint job that makes it look pretty for a short period of time.

Feel free to contact me if you need proof or pictures - I have nothing to hide

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back