Architrave/moulding question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm wanting to fit some sort of architrave/moulding around my living door but have no idea what the best way to do it is.

Please see pictures below:

As you can see, I will only be able to fit the architrave on the top and the right of the door, but the architrave will have to go right onto the door casing, and I'm guessing I'll have to cut out bits for the hinges?

The things I don't get is that if I put it on like that, will it not stick out? Is there a better way to do it?

Sponsored Links
No reason you can't put it all round door, does not attach so close as to need cutting around hinges, just overlaps slightly.

No reason you can't put it all round door, does not attach so close as to need cutting around hinges, just overlaps slightly.

The only problem is that I can't find architrave slim enough to fit in that gap. It should be a maximum of about 2.5cm wide and I went to B&Q & Wickes today and everything is 4cm/5cm+

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back