Are my valleys acceptable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve had a roofer re-cut tiles in my valleys areas as they were bodged originally and I was getting leaks, this is what he’s produced but I’ve noticed that the centre of the valleys now are not laid centrally to the lead. If you look at the bottom picture of how it used to be there’s like a centre fold in the lead but now that the valleys have been redone the centre fold isn’t really visible.

2012-07-14DayElevenofre-roofingb-1.jpg

(& yeah, he's slapped some more cement where those landslides are.)

2012-07-14DayElevenofre-roofinge.jpg

2012-05-05frontroofe-1.jpg

My right hand side valley is still actually leaking, I informed him first thing yesterday but he decided to take down the scaffolding anyway. I’m making the presumption that there’s a hairline fracture in the old lead though.

Sponsored Links
No its not acceptable, the whole job is a complete lash up.
He hasnt straightened the valley, only added more cement to make it look straighter.
If he was stripping and retiling, why didnt he renew the valleys.
Have you paid for this work, ?

087.gif

I haven’t paid him yet although he's asked for money. He wants to talk to me face-to-face and is coming round to my house tonight. I’m sh*tting myself cos I know he’s going to try and intimidate me and bully me into paying him, I live alone and I’m not exactly wonderful with words and handling situations, this is so depressing.
sad.gif

Sponsored Links
the verge looks a bit odd too, thats the bit on the edge, blokes like this are a diss'service to the industry ,most roofers would do better blind fold, best of luck

shocking work, really hope you keep your nerve and dont pay him. out of interest , how much did he quote?

What did he say the other night.

Not clear from the pics, but the joints in the tiles are not staggered (half lapped)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back