Are push-fit plastic connectors SAFE to use for BATH TAPS ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I love the plastic type push fit connectors, have used with radiator pipes before, no problems.

however, intended bath is to be installed on 1st floor ( I HATE any water pipes on 1st floor !!! )

are the push fits safe for LONG TERM USE ?

will the rubber washer perish ?

please see my other post NO 15mm PIPES IN BATHROOM !!!!!!

im dying here, man !!!!!!

Ted

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
absolutely brilliant !!!!

:LOL:

so, am I right in thinking that

a) they are safe, 25 year plus

b) but not as safe as the Titanic ??????!!!!!

These 'pushfits' and piping are being used by the major housebuilders in new builds these days !

I may well be accused of old fashioned but I just cant trust them.... unless any leak would be immediately obvious. Not constructive but honest.

What is your lack of trust based on ? a failure with the product ?
I know many plumbers and builders who have used nothing else for a while now and no problems to-date, plus the ease, can be fitted, removed and reused, no blow torches in tight spaces, time etc.

a bit of this and a bit of that..i use both..mainly copper thou. i think both have some advantages and disadvantages as discussed above.
dunt have 2b black or white..can be grey if u like (not talking pipe colour here)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back