Are Scottish plumbers smarter than English plumbers?

I

ianblue

When in Scotland I have observed the practice of providing the draining arrangement for central heating systems to comprise of a 2 port manual valve attached to a pipe which is run through the wall and outside the building.
Saves all the carry on, of having to connect a hose and feed it through an open door with the invariable dribbles at the drain cock.

Sponsored Links
Scottish plumbers are smarter/better looking than their english counterparts.

and better lovers, have more hair, faster cars, can drink more bevvy, can eat more deep fried Mars bars & are very modest!!

Why has yer average Engerlander Plumber go so little hair?? Couple I know can't even grow a beard??

Sponsored Links
To answer the question...My English plumber did as the Scottish one.
I mean pipe work. ;)

When in Scotland I have observed the practice of providing the draining arrangement for central heating systems to comprise of a 2 port manual valve attached to a pipe which is run through the wall and outside the building.

The reason they do that is because they know it will leak from every second joint and will need draining and refilling a few dozen times before they can get it water-tight.

Saves all the carry on, of having to connect a hose and feed it through an open door with the invariable dribbles at the drain cock.

Drain cocks? How very quaint. Does anyone still drain through cocks? Full bore ball valves; they give a faster flow, more debris gets entrained and can be used for flushing.

I think we need to start planning the refurbishment of Hadrian's wall. A bit of razor wire and a few mine fields would bring it up to date. Shortly after they vote for independence, they'll all be trying to defect to the south.

Aye scottish plumbers have got wee cocks as well !

and better lovers, have more hair, faster cars, can drink more bevvy, can eat more deep fried Mars bars & are very modest!!

Why has yer average Engerlander Plumber go so little hair?? Couple I know can't even grow a beard??

They might ave more hair but it's generally ginger.....rather be bald

OK, Shetland can stay, the rest can be sealed off, we'll have all our pound notes back and Scotland can join the Euro.... :D
I think that since Scotland has a mainland and few islands around it, it's more like Greece and should join the Drachma

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back