Are these classed as a maintenance free connection

That makes no sense. You know they're not for insulated crimps, yet you say this is the very thing you use on insulated crimps at work, and are planning to buy for use on insulated crimps at home, instead of buying the correct tool for the job. :confused:

Sponsored Links
I did not say I 'needed' to look for that bit of info. I actually said, "Never actually looked for that bit of info but will have a look on Monday."
I know what you said.

You said you've never actually looked for that bit of info. And I asked you why on earth you would need to look for it given that the tool is clearly not suitable for insulated crimps. Why would you need to look for something which says "for non-insulated cable links" to realise that it is not suitable for insulated ones when it is blindingly obvious that it is not?

I couldn't read that writing in the photo on Screwfix's site, but I had no need to - as soon as I saw the photo, at this size:

screenshot_798.jpg

I knew.

Also I did not say they were suitable for insulated crimps.

This is what I actually said;

"They are the type we are issued with in work for the electricians and they work just fine.
I use them myself for insulated lugs on the motor terminals and I've never had a lead pull free.
So you say they work just fine, you challenge the idea that they are unsuitable, but you do not think they are suitable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back