Are we allowed an opinion.

Sponsored Links
Public servants are allowed to have a private opinion.
If they propound that personal opinion as their professional and public opinion, and it is in contrast to their duties or their party's policy, then maybe they ought to resign.
If they are a member of a political party, and they consider that their declared opinion might go against the party's public stated policy, then they should check first, otherwise they demonstrate that they're not up to speed on their party's policies.

So has she done anything wrong? Explain your definition of 'wrong'.

Public servants are allowed to have a private opinion.
If they propound that personal opinion as their professional and public opinion, and it is in contrast to their duties or their party's policy, then maybe they ought to resign.
If they are a member of a political party, and they consider that their declared opinion might go against the party's public stated policy, then they should check first, otherwise they demonstrate that they're not up to speed on their party's policies.

So has she done anything wrong? Explain your definition of 'wrong'.

Should she have said what she said?

Sponsored Links
Good grief that's a contorted article.

The "Minister for Faith" (who knew?) has said something should be in place for when people's faith conflicts with the perceived wisdom and has had to resign.
Why do these people always give such spurious grovelling apologies for what they obviously think is right?

So - has the, in my opinion misguided, view that we must respect other people's religious beliefs been ditched? I hope so.

Or is it that people's religious views must still be respected but they are now not allowed to have those beliefs?

I keep on saying it: WTF is going on?

Good grief that's a contorted article.

The "Minister for Faith" (who knew?) has said something should be in place for when people's faith conflicts with the perceived wisdom and has had to resign.
Why do these people always give such spurious grovelling apologies for what they obviously think is right?

So - has the, in my opinion misguided, view that we must respect other people's religious beliefs been ditched? I hope so.

Or is it that people's religious views must still be respected but they are now not allowed to have those beliefs?

I keep on saying it: WTF is going on?
Public servants should not put their own personal interpretations on the delivery of their public duty.
If people find themselves delivering public services that conflict with their personal beliefs, going their own way and doing their own thing in that role is not the way to go about it.

So, being 'Minister for Faith', how does she represent those faiths without mentioning the beliefs of those faiths?

"Janet Daby, the MP for Lewisham East, suggested last week that there “needs to be something in place that respects people’s conscience and views of faith” if they refused to certify same-sex unions.

In a statement on Monday, Ms Daby insisted she was a “proud supporter” of gay marriage,"

Why have a made up position for a made up belief in an imaginary friend(s) in the first place?

Public servants should not put their own personal interpretations on the delivery of their public duty.
If people find themselves delivering public services that conflict with their personal beliefs, going their own way and doing their own thing in that role is not the way to go about it.
Would you describe BBC personnel as public servants?

Sponsored Links
Back