Blaire

The failure and overruns of large government projects is generally caused by vacillation, ignorance and change among the politicians in charge

Not by the professionals doing the work.

Sponsored Links
If Blair starts looking for methods of mass vaccination, we should be worried.

I don't know if the science backs up Blair's suggestion of vaccinating twice the number, rather than "spending" half the available vaccine to top up or fully vaccinate a smaller number, but it's an interesting suggestion.

The EU is paying half what the UK is paying for the vaccine.

The frozen vaccine can be stored at universities and hospitals. It needs to be defrosted, diluted, loaded and distributed. That's not hard considering Amazon just delivered a parcel to me ordered 24 hrs ago. The highlands and islands might have an issue but the military have helicopters.

But I read in the paper that a retired dr volunteered as help and was offered a role as a car park marshal.
Those in charge seem to have a weird sense of logic

Sponsored Links
I don't know if the science backs up Blair's suggestion of vaccinating twice the number, rather than "spending" half the available vaccine to top up or fully vaccinate a smaller number, but it's an interesting suggestion.

The frozen vaccine can be stored at universities and hospitals. It needs to be defrosted, diluted, loaded and distributed. That's not hard considering Amazon just delivered a parcel to me ordered 24 hrs ago. The highlands and islands might have an issue but the military have helicopters.

But I read in the paper that a retired dr volunteered as help and was offered a role as a car park marshal.
Those in charge seem to have a weird sense of logic

The retired Dr was his GMC membership and liability insurance still current? Unfortunately that plays a bigger part in deciding what someone can and cannot do even if as a retired dr he is still most likely capable of providing medical assistance.

I don't think he was aiming at being a dr again, but he certainly had more skills than car park management.
The GMC were offering free re registration for the emergency

A retired Dr probably knows a f##k-sight more than many of the incumbents.
And, the most important knowledge is the knowledge of where your knowledge ends.
As Oscar Wilde might have said.

I wouldn’t trust Blair to ..........I cant think of anything I would trust Blair to do.
Lying scum bag should be in the Hague courts explaining himself.

Liquid oxygen is transported daily at approx minus 273 degrees or thereabouts, so whilst the logistics need some sorting it ain't rocket science. I thought one of the vaccines was only 60 or 70% effective. So whilst I agree giving everybody some protection is better than nothing I think I would prefer it that we had maximum protection even if the roll out takes longer.

Last time I checked Bliar didn't have a science or medical qualification so imho best he keeps his views to himself.

Germany has 400,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine which is being rolled out this week, they turned down 500 million doses from the same company in order to show solidarity with France by ordering 300 million (not enough) doses from Sanofi, despite their early testing being nowhere near as promising as Pfizer or Oxford.
No firm orders were placed by the EU until mid November, the earliest they can expect a top up on the 400,000 doses is Spring, they certainly won't have enough for a full programme before the summer. Quite simply, they ordered too little, too late, and from the wrong suppliers, because they thought it too expensive. Quite simply, they are now f****d.

In the meantime, UK has vaccinated 500,000 people.

They may well be paying half, I'm not sure I'd call that a bargain.

Last edited:
Germany has 400,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine which is being rolled out this week, they turned down 500 million doses from the same company in order to show solidarity with France by ordering 300 million (not enough) doses from Sanofi, despite their early testing being nowhere near as promising as Pfizer or Oxford.
No firm orders were placed by the EU until mid November, the earliest they can expect a top up on the 400,000 doses is Spring, they certainly won't have enough for a full programme before the summer. Quite simply, they ordered too little, too late, because they thought it too expensive. Quite simply, they are now f****d.

In the meantime, UK has vaccinated 500,000 people.

They may well be paying half, I'm not sure I'd call that a bargain.

It's like when you hear customer say " I can get it for half the price at xxx shop down the road",

Shopkeeper: ah, but do they have it in stock?

Customer: looks down at shoes, and mutters, no they haven't.

Shopkeeper: mines a good price then, they can sell it as cheap as they like when they don't have it.....

Sponsored Links
Back