Ariston sx 20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.................................
Does anyone have any info on the sx 20? CH working fine. HW when the hot water tap is slightly opened i get a trickle of hot water. If the tap is opened up any further then i lose the hot water. It works slightly better when the boiler is in CH and HW mode. Any advise will be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Do the radiators heat up when you are just using the hot water?

Diverter valve needs replacing, brass lump on the right hand side.

You could possible service it, which means replacing all the insides and giving it a clean out. Also replace the HW diaphragm aswell which is in the circular bit on top.

Sponsored Links
thanx rob................... Iam an enthusiastic diy er is it something i can tackle or should i leave it to the experts??????????????????

You need sufficient room on the right hand side to get the pump pliers/adjustable spanner on. Not a particulalry easy job.

Don't touch the heating isolating valves - they will leak, re-charge the expansion vessel, and replace the auto air vent.

Don't be tempted by the cheap diverters available from some web suppliers - they are copies that don't work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back