Armour termination

Sponsored Links
I Put it to you Bas, that the 11th of May 2011 was when it was bottled. It has now become a vintage

I raised the point because all the kits I have used, in the distant past, have never included a "gland" for the armour.
Yes, but they have, and are designed to have, an alternative means of providing continuity for the armour.
Mmmm..... an alternative means?

The item designed to be the appropriate way to terminate SWA into an enclosure like a CU, as opposed to a resin-filled joint, is a gland.
and where is this distinction between an encosure and a resin joint specified?

alternative? nice hole you've dug BAS :)

Your eristic attitude ...
That's only the second time that word has been used in the whole history of this site.
Indeed. I was impressed the first time you used it, and even more impressed seeing someone else here now producing it. I really can't recall having ever previously seen it used outside of philosophical texts and discussions, let alone in an 'electrics' forum!

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
Mmmm..... an alternative means?
Yes - an alternative to a gland.

Cheapo ones, to accompany their 2-screw bits of choc-block use jubilee clips.

Better ones, to accompany their 4-screw joint blocks use constant-force springs.

Why is saying that the makers of resin joints provide an alternative to a gland digging a hole?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back