Article 522

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
of the lebanese penal code has now been abolished.

article 522 was seen as a rapists charter which allowed men who had commited sexual assault
abduction, and rape on woman to avoid prosecution if they could produce a valid marriage contract ;) or obtain a marriage contract ;)

Yep this stone age law has been abolished.

(I have posted about this before)

Sponsored Links
Well done. Hardly "stone age" though

As you know,

"The marital rape exemption was abolished in England and Wales in 1991"

"In R v Sharples in 1990, it was alleged that the husband had raped his wife in 1989. Despite the fact that the wife had obtained a Family Protection Order before the alleged rape, the judge refused to accept that rape could legally occur, concluding that the Family Protection Order had not removed the wife's implied consent, ruling that: "it cannot be inferred that by obtaining the order in these terms the wife had withdrawn her consent to sexual intercourse".[146]"

NI is always a little later

"In March 2000, a Belfast man was convicted for raping his wife, in the first case of its kind in Northern Ireland"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marital_rape#Ending_the_exemption

article 522 was seen as a rapists charter which allowed men who had commited sexual assault
abduction, and rape on woman to avoid prosecution if they could produce a valid marriage contract ;) or obtain a marriage contract ;)

Don't they hang convicted rapists in Lebanon?

Yet you infer their rape laws are in the stone age !

Well done. Hardly "stone age" though

As you know,

"The marital rape exemption was abolished in England and Wales in 1991"

"In R v Sharples in 1990, it was alleged that the husband had raped his wife in 1989. Despite the fact that the wife had obtained a Family Protection Order before the alleged rape, the judge refused to accept that rape could legally occur, concluding that the Family Protection Order had not removed the wife's implied consent, ruling that: "it cannot be inferred that by obtaining the order in these terms the wife had withdrawn her consent to sexual intercourse".[146]"

NI is always a little later

"In March 2000, a Belfast man was convicted for raping his wife, in the first case of its kind in Northern Ireland"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marital_rape#Ending_the_exemption

Hmmm dunno quite how to put this JohnD so with all due respect :sneaky:

**** off **** :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

and if u cannot see the difference between article 522 & your twaddle u are a total ***t

best advised you stick to the daily wail :LOL:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
As said before also, 'stone age' is just a figure of speech.

And good news indeed! But I went to have a look and read about it, but can't find anything about it being abolished online yet. Where did you hear about it Trans? :)

Don't they hang convicted rapists in Lebanon?

Yet you infer their rape laws are in the stone age !

not as far as I know (hanging)

the term stone age law was used by those campaigning against article 522 as reported in the independant a good while back

not as far as I know (hanging)

the term stone age law was used by those campaigning against article 522 as reported in the independant a good while back

tis on line but u have to search for it abolished afaik in late feb this year

I have been keeping my eye on it as my sister was there in the 80's & often spoke about the way she witnessed first hand the way in which woman were treated there

Fair enough, I thought it was in the news today - makes sense why didn't see it :)
Yeah, we lived there too in the late 1960's, early 70's - but then it was a better country for women. Once Pahlavi was overthrown it became more.... how do I say it to annoy John, stone age? :)

Fair enough, I thought it was in the news today - makes sense why didn't see it :)
Yeah, we lived there too in the late 1960's, early 70's - but then it was a better country for women. Once Pahlavi was overthrown it became more.... how do I say it to annoy John, stone age? :)

My sister came out just before Israel invaded the country to drive the palistinians out in the early 80's (?)

Do you mind me asking what she was doing there? It is/was a beautiful country when my family were there. Baalbek ruins, the wonderful mountains (you could go skiing in the mountains and go swimming in the warm sea on the same day) and the people as generous as can be. If you went into someone's home and commented on how you liked something, they would insist you take it. Funny customs! It's heartbreaking to see it as it is now.

Do you mind me asking what she was doing there? It is/was a beautiful country when my family were there. Baalbek ruins, the wonderful mountains (you could go skiing in the mountains and go swimming in the sea on the same day) and back the people as generous as can be. If you went into someone's home and commented on how you liked something, they would insist you take it. Funny customs! It's heartbreaking to see it as it is now.

She worked for the red cross who were involved in the palistinian refugee camps.

As my mother is an Austrian my sister became (still is) an Austrian citizen , during that time when the world was safer (cold war ) no one had a beef with
citizens of a neutral country Sweden , Switzerland, Austria.

she also worked in the Sudan I think or Somalia ?? Kenya & a few other places peru as well I think ??? dunno if u would call her a feminist ?? but she was (is) very much into womans rights in these places

to be fair her take on the Lebanon may well be from the refugee /palistinian issues & not from the lebanese ?? (may be )

Last edited:
She sounds a lovely lady your sister. Good on her :)

you would not want her around yer house for a party or social event :) by the time she has finished lecturing every one u will either walk off , start crying,make a donation to some charity

u would end up feeling guilty because you own a pair of shoes :)

article 522 was seen as a rapists charter which allowed men who had commited sexual assault abduction, and rape on woman to avoid prosecution if they could produce a valid marriage contract ;) or obtain a marriage contract ;)
You have indeed posted about this before. On 24 April this year.
You were robustly and unequivocally proven to be lying on that occasion:
Lebanese law currently allows a rapist to be exonerated if he marries his victim
A proposal to scrap Article 522 of the penal code , which deals with rape , assault, kidnapping, and forced marriage was introduced last year & approved by a parliamentary committee.
MPs get to vote on it in May
wonder how the vote will go
:);)
Lying alert!

I posted this back in April in response to your lies:
I am sure that the Lebanese government are hugely impressed that a plumber from Surrey takes such an interest in their internal domestic politics.
No doubt, if you ask them nicely, they might allow you a vote in their election process. :rolleyes:

Or perhaps they will be more interested in your dissemination of fake news:
upload_2017-6-29_0-48-18.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_Against_Lebanese_Rape_Law_–_Article_522

Is this also a lie, which you posted yesterday:
.... as my sister was there in the 80's & often spoke about the way she witnessed first hand the way in which woman were treated there
But this is what you said in April:
Strangely enough my sister has never mentioned wife rape to me or mentioned any thing about the UK wife rape law .

I did think that you were an accomplished liar, but accomplished liars can remember their lies.
So I reconsider my opinion of you. :giggle:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back