As I said.... they're USELESS!!!!

I refer to the title yet again....

A man who took a picture of his son while they were out shopping has been accused of being a paedophile and threatened with arrest.

Kevin Geraghty-Shewan had taken four-year-old Ben to the Bridges Shopping Centre in Sunderland to spend £10 the boy had been given as a treat.

The dad told Sky News: "Ben spotted a children's ride which had a train on it and wanted to have a go because he's obsessed with trains.

"When he got on my wife suggested we take a picture of him.

"I took the picture on my phone and suddenly this security guard came up and told me it wasn't allowed because I could be a paedophile.

"I told him Ben was my own son. But he said I couldn't prove it. He said there is a real problem with paedophiles and that if I didn't like it, he'd call the manager.

"A few minutes later... a policeman walked in and approached me, so they must have been tracking me on the CCTV.

"He said he'd received a complaint a man matching my description was taking pictures of children and wanted my name and address.

"I told him it was ridiculous because it was my own son. He then started asking me what I was doing in Sunderland, asked for my name and address and told me he had the right to delete my pictures.

"I got annoyed and raised my voice a bit, then he threatened me with arrest for breach of the peace."

Mr Geraghty-Shewan was so outraged by the incident, he posted a picture of the security guard on his website.

When contacted by Sky News the Bridges said in a statement: "We take the safety at all our shopping centres very seriously.

"We do ask our security guards across the estate to be diligent in implementing our security measures, which includes monitoring photography in our centres.

"Unfortunately on this occasion what should have been a simple polite conversation led to a misunderstanding and we apologise for any offence caused.

"It is always our aim to implement our security procedures with the minimum of fuss and disruption to our shoppers."

TOTALLY USELESS!!!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...-Out-Shopping/Article/201002415560029[/QUOTE]

Thought this thread was about the police, not shopping centre security guards :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thought this thread was about the police, not shopping centre security guards :rolleyes:

Did you not notice the part the policeman played ?

I got the part about the policeman receiving a call about a man photographing a child yes.

If that man had been paedophile and the police didnt follow it up, can you imagine what would have been said.

Whats the problem with a policeman asking some very simple questions regarding the safety of a child, especially in this day and age when there are some nasty people about.

"A few minutes later... a policeman walked in and approached me, so they must have been tracking me on the CCTV.

"He said he'd received a complaint a man matching my description was taking pictures of children and wanted my name and address.

"I told him it was ridiculous because it was my own son. He then started asking me what I was doing in Sunderland, asked for my name and address and told me he had the right to delete my pictures.

"I got annoyed and raised my voice a bit, then he threatened me with arrest for breach of the peace."
There's nothing wrong in a copper asking questions snico but the copper CANNOT delete ANY pictures without consent or a court order. The pictures belong to the guy not the copper. The guy understandably got annoyed and 'raised his voice a bit' so the copper threatened to arrest him for breach of the peace. :rolleyes: Yet again, another example of the police getting it wrong and when he did he decided he wasn't having joe public telling him he was in the wrong. Total waste of the guy's time and the copper's time.

Sponsored Links
Rozzer bashing.......
Get a life!
It's criticism noseall. Everyone is allowed an opinion. If the public feel 'failed' by the Police it's up to the Police to address that.

Well I,m with noseall, police bashing occurs due to a few silly incidents.
The police around our area respond quickly, and give good advice, all praise to them.

Noseall - bashing "rosser" bashers is both tedious and contradictory.

I object to you telling me to "get a life" - that's just plain rude.

Well I,m with noseall, police bashing occurs due to a few silly incidents.
Murder, paedophilia, rape etc happen in a statistically small number or occurrences relative to the number of people in the population. So, by your logic, we shouldn't complain about these things either.

Murder, paedophilia, rape etc happen in a statistically small number or occurrences relative to the number of people in the population. So, by your logic, we shouldn't complain about these things either.

Agreed, but many seem to tar the whole police force, thanks to the actions of a few.

The police I have spoken to, are fed up with too much interference from above, and are prevented acting in the way they would wish.

The police I have spoken to, are fed up with too much interference from above, and are prevented acting in the way they would wish.
I judge the instituation by its actions. Thus, these same officers - it would be interesting to see how many of them would cry off trying to recover a stolen vehicle from a traveller's camp, and prefer to chase someone who drops a bit of litter; since both will presumably require paperwork, but one task is clearly easier to fulfil even though it is arguably of less value!

many seem to tar the whole police force, thanks to the actions of a few.

And we previously stated:
To be fair, there MUST BE some good ones dex surely? Actually I know a few coppers, they don't give me any reassurance! :confused:
There are probably quite a few Blas. It's just a pity that there are so many s hite ones, and that these ones are so poorly managed that they are allowed to end up being put into situations that they are wholly unsuitable for.

going back to the OP... why are we so scared of these 'travellers'?
Ok, so they choose to live a totally different kind of existence to ours, and choose not to accept societies laws.... but why are people so scared of them?

They live in this country, so our laws rule... on an individual level, then they might be tough... and scary.... so lets send in the army.....

We just can't have parts of society sticking two fingers up to law and order.

He's right you know. The Italians sent in the bulldozers against the troublesome Roma Gypsies (and they all moved over here). We should take a leaf out of their book.

Sponsored Links
Back