As I said.... they're USELESS!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
British Police just don't want to know!

Police tell car theft victim: 'We've found your van... but it's too dangerous to get it back from traveller camp'

When police visited Christopher Sims after his van was stolen, they had good news and bad news.

The good news was that they had a pretty good idea of the vehicle's new location.

But the bad news was that this location, a travellers' caravan site, was considered a 'no-go area' which the police would be ill-advised to visit because of the strong criminal element who lived there.

Mr Sims, 46, was initially pleased by the police response when they visited him the day after his white van was taken from outside his house.

But his view changed somewhat when they told him they had an idea who might have taken it but could not take any action.

He said: 'They said they were sympathetic but said that because of the situation they couldn't risk putting officers' lives at risk.

'They were telling me they knew where the van could be but they weren't prepared to go in and find it.
'How can that happen? What about my van? One of the officers said it was not a "no-go" area, but if they did go they would have to go in mob-handed.'

Mr Sims, who used his van for his job as a market trader, said a female officer told him that his 1995 Transit, which is worth around £1,000, was on a well-known local travellers' site.

The father-of-three continued: 'She told me it is a very dangerous and volatile place for the police to go.

'She said they would have to mount a huge operation with armed officers, dogs and helicopters and it would never be authorised by senior officers for the sake of a van worth £1,000 with another £1,000 worth of contents inside it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...--dangerous-back.html?ITO=1708&referrer=yahoo

Sponsored Links
At the bottom of the article, the police have denied that there are "no go" areas. So we call all look forward to the van being returned and fingerprinted, and the relevant travellers to be prosectuted then.

It's in the Daily Tale, so it must be true - right?

Sponsored Links
I mentioned it in another thread the other day, it's nearly every day that these stories come out! I was listening to Jeremy Vine the other day. They had an Asian gent on talking about the shop keeper that was murdered. The guy in the studio has a shop in London. He reckons abuse and threats are a daily occurrence. He said he was opening up recently (6.00am). Two blokes came into the store and threatened him and stole the till float. He called the police. When they got there they asked, 'which direction did they run?' Trouble was, the police turned up 45 minutes after he called!

I've lost all faith in the police. They just don't care.

To be fair, there MUST BE some good ones dex surely? Actually I know a few coppers, they don't give me any reassurance! :confused:
There are probably quite a few Blas. It's just a pity that there are so many s hite ones, and that these ones are so poorly managed that they are allowed to end up being put into situations that they are wholly unsuitable for.

And when the alleged stolen van is driven past a DVLA tax disc checking CCTV --- The original owner will get the fine and could end up in court :rolleyes: . Like the tosser cop who watched me go past with an out of date tax....I was going to a legit MOT and was totally legal. Didn`t bother to follow and stop me - Too bloody easy - just tapped into computer and I had all the paperwork c rap to follow :evil:

I live next door to a cop, smashing bloke he's CID had is mountain bike stolen from outside his front door.
Oh how we laughed, his comment " we know the little scrote who's at it but were ****ed if we can find any evidence"
I said "good time to knock over a bank then"
he replied "might as well we couldn't fecking catch you"
Moral I think is at an all time low.

I live next door to a cop, smashing bloke he's CID had is mountain bike stolen from outside his front door.
Oh how we laughed, his comment " we know the little scrote who's at it but were **** if we can find any evidence"
I said "good time to knock over a bank then"
he replied "might as well we couldn't f*****g catch you"
Moral I think is at an all time low.
'Moral' is at an all time low? More like Motivation! I mean, he couldn't even be bothered (or was scared! :rolleyes: ), to go and chase up his OWN bleedin bike FFS! What hope is there for the rest of us?

but you must admit they are really good when appearing on the news, they certainly know where their camera is and what are their best angles,
they should be getting baftas for goodness sake!

And when the alleged stolen van is driven past a DVLA tax disc checking CCTV --- The original owner will get the fine and could end up in court :rolleyes: .

Once reported stolen, no liability

I think we are being too harsh on police officers themselves here.

Most of them are probably good at their job, but the thing is, they aren't allowed to do their job properly. There's too many restrictions and too much red tape nowadays.

Back in the day, I could phone up and report a shoplifter, and I'd probably get an officer out within 20 minutes. Not just that, but someone who knows the area and knows the crooks there.

Now, I phone and report a shoplifter, and I get an appointment in 2 days time with an officer from a station 20 miles away. :eek: What ****ing use is this?

Looking at the OP's situation, here is another problem. Crime is given value these days. The police are basically saying it would cost them significantly more than £2000 to recover the van. This is probably true, given the number of officers required (can see their point, it wouldnt be too clever sending 2 officers onto a gippo camp, they'd come out in boxes).

However, if it were a £25,000 Audi or BMW stuck on the camp, it would be treated a hell of a lot differently. They WOULD round up the troops and storm the place then.

Time was, stealing a vehicle was stealing a vehicle, arrested and sentenced as such. Not now. Steal a rust bucket and the police aint interested.

Back in the day, I could phone up and report a shoplifter, and I'd probably get an officer out within 20 minutes.

They prolly thought you said 'shirtlifter'.

Sponsored Links
Back