Asda tills

I tried to use the self service, but couldn't make head nor tail of it, so had to call for help.

Probably the biggest thing to get used to is that they weigh every item you scan after you put it in the bag, to try and ensure you aren't e.g. scanning a box of Tic Tacs and putting down a bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape. If you upset the process of "scan one, weigh one, wait, maybe remove from the packing area" you'll probably need an assistant to reset it.

Another thing to consider is that, in this increasingly online world, it seems that the younger generation don't actually like to communicate vocally with other human beings. I've watched them watch a phone ring out in their hand, then they text the person ringing asking what's up.. "Why didn't you just answer the call?" "Oh, I don't like talking on the phone". Self service has its place for the cross section of population that don't actually like human interaction; I've spoken to people before now who never liked putting their PIN into a shop keypad, because it meant touching something that someone else touched. For those irrationally germophobic sorts it's a dream come true to be able to load their shopping into clean bags after scanning it themselves, and pay using a click of their own phone held near the shared device.

I find it odd, and a little sad, but tis the way of the world, and it takes all kinds

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So extreme and unbelievable as to serve no purpose whatsoever.
I might as well use the example of the moon turning into a sun. :rolleyes:

If it's so extreme and unreal, it serves no purpose.
I know, it's a crazy idea isn't it - stopping you buying your meat, veg and biscuits just because you said some wrongspeak?

BUT... we are in crazy, extreme times. Ideas that were once crazy can become accepted normality. Two years ago our so-called conservative government shut down nearly all the country's trade and industry. Three years ago Pat Ex if anyone had suggested that could happen you would certainly have called the idea extreme and unbelievable.

It’s not really 'in secret', just out of sight. I take it you treat your own sewage before disposal then or do you pay someone else to treat and dispose of it 'in secret' for you?
Not quite sure what moral equivalence you're seeking to establish there

Sponsored Links
What was that quote I read in someone's signature about it being good having idiots around, to stop all the great minds thinking alike?

We all have a raison d'etre for being here.
It looks like yours is to troll.
Easy way to find someones 'raison d'etre' for being here is to look at their very first post. I asked Ellal a dozen times to reciprocate after he asked for mine (which I gave) but it was ignored/avoided/fell on deaf ears. How about you showing us yours?

Easy way to find someones 'raison d'etre' for being here is to look at their very first post. I asked Ellal a dozen times to reciprocate after he asked for mine (which I gave) but it was ignored/avoided/fell on deaf ears. How about you showing us yours?
I can't remember what it was. But it's easy to make some nondescript fake post, then claim that as your raison d'etre for being here. :rolleyes:
I'm sure many, many people surf the site before signing up.

Edit: Found it. It was a response to one of the many thousands, I suspect, of fake news about asylum seekers.
Anti asylum seekers, anti-foreigner posts, xenophobic, islamophobics threads seem to populate this forum like ants.

A few points in response to your post:
1. French immigration laws are not enforceable in UK. Maybe they did contravene French immigration laws, but there's little that UK can do about that.
2. UK has tried to prosecute a refugee for that offence (once I believe) at great expense and adverse publicity. There was difficulty proving "payment".
3. This applies to registered boats, not a dingy.
4. Schengen zone infringements are not enforceable in UK.
5. This applies to professional skippers only.

Yes, to respond to your fist two points, (the other points are inadmissible) there are some things things that France could do, and it is doing some of those things. For instance, it has patrols in areas know to be frequented by undocumented travellers entering France. But the Schengen zone puts the onus on the first country of entry to control that entry, the vast majority, if not all, of French land borders are with Schengen zone countries.
For sure, it could round up all itinerant travellers and put them all in prison, to what end?

Last edited:
Are we taking this thread off course on purpose ?

Not fair talking about asda and not sainsburys ?

I can't remember what it was. But it's easy to make some nondescript fake post, then claim that as your raison d'etre for being here. :rolleyes:
I'm sure many, many people surf the site before signing up.

Edit: Found it. It was a response to one of the many thousands, I suspect, of fake news about asylum seekers.
Anti asylum seekers, anti-foreigner posts, xenophobic, islamophobics threads seem to populate this forum like ants.
Right. So you signed up to a DIY site to post about migrants? Proved my point. Thanks.

I take it your DIY posts will be reserved for migrant forums?

Right. So you signed up to a DIY site to post about migrants? Proved my point. Thanks.

I take it your DIY posts will be reserved for migrant forums?
You're welcome to take that bit of coincidence as proof of whatever you want it to be. :rolleyes:

if there's a DIY part of the forum on these migrant sites, I may post something. As there isn't, I won't. :rolleyes:

As said, previously, this part of the forum is for General discussion, and the vastly overwhelming issue for all these DIYers seems to be foreigners, Muslims, Asylum Seekers, etc.
If that is what people want to talk about, including you, I'm up for it.

Thanks but I've had you sussed from your first hundred or so posts. Not a diy related post amongst them.
Your stalking is full of faults. But don't let facts get in the way of your prejudice.
You need to learn to count, I counted three in the first 25 posts.
Apart from that, what do you think is most important, giving someone instructions on painting their front door, or disproving some dangerous fake news?
From your usual type of posts, what do you think is more important, challenging ellal's dangerous conspiracy theories, or explaining to someone how to book an MOT?

It's really a case of doing what we do best, and leave the not so familiar scenarios for the pros to advise.
If there wasn't so many xenophobic, islamophobic, racist comments and your typical trolling/stalking posts, I'd have more time to devote to DIY, simples.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back