At least Labour stick to their guns.

Sponsored Links
oh look Mottie is concerned about a lack of green investment...............

EU green deal is €600 billion.

If the UK was a member that would be about €75 billion investment in the UK as well having direct access to the reseach done in the rest of the EU

by the way the Conservative run BBC headline is false, Labour have not ditched their green investment pledge

Sponsored Links
Sources insist the party's Green Prosperity Plan, which includes creating a publicly-owned green power company, is not being dropped altogether.
It is expected Labour will argue that they have to focus on being seen as responsible stewards of the economy, rather than committing to a spending pledge that opponents regard as reckless...The prime minister has repeatedly attacked Sir Keir over the policy, suggesting it will lead to higher taxes....Unite leader Sharon Graham said: "The Labour movement has to stand up to the Conservatives' false accusations of fiscal irresponsibility.

It sounds like he's going to put the issue on the back burner to avoid reckless scrutiny of the £28bn figure put on the planned initiative and avoid Tory claims of higher taxes under a future Labour government. How the Tories can claim Labour will be irresponsible with the economy after the Liz Trussterfu** last year is just nonsense.

I think I’m going to vote for the first party that admits tax and NI will be going up - on the basis that they are being honest
So you wont be voting for the Conservatives, since theyve claimed to be lowering taxes by £20b but conveniently forget to mention that their tax policy means an increase in tax/NI of £80b

Labour's argument is that the economics have changed. Taxation sure has - ;) I wonder what that indicates. Some probably can't wonder or figure that out.

I’m with starmer on this Ditch this 28 billion caper or basically kick it into the long grass

It’s been on the cards for a good while

All political parties ( well serious ones ) perform
U turns tis how politics work ??

Going back to the OP some years ago the BBC would not use a heading like that. They would simply report the event and usually comment on any reasons mentioned - also what the competition said. I didn't see any mention of the new figure £4.7b and get fed up of combative interviews using political slogans invented by some party. Starmer's comment about change and the need to revise things like this is perfectly true. I hope my comment about current taxation levels helps some but perhaps it's too obscure. The levels are currently needed and a tax give away may not be on this time. Something like that would mean all parties need a rethink.

C4 this time gave complete details and also went through the economics that resulted in the £4.7b. LOL This time as sometimes they do the usual. Then they went on to implications on climate change.

The magic greens - well they have a magic solution.

Sponsored Links
Back