Atag rubbish boilers???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Atag ic Economiser Plus 27, I woke up this morning with no hot water. I contacted Atag they suggested that the flow sensor was the fault. I feel that I have been cond, the boiler is only a few months old and I get a problems, I wish I hadn't take my installers advice to spend an extra £1000 for the piece of cr....
Looking forward to your opinion

Sponsored Links
This was more expensive than quoted for other boilers eg Baxi. Yes all boilers can go wrong, but after just a few months, bad quality and bad quality control.

Sponsored Links
Yes all boilers can go wrong, but after just a few months, bad quality and bad quality control.
Or just bad luck.

The bathtub failure curve might mean this will be the first and last problem you'll ever have with it. Only time will tell so I'd just get it fixed and move on.

Reactions: CBW
the boiler is only a few months old
Then call ATAG and they will repair it FOC instead of coming on here slating a product without giving them a chance to sort out the problem, if it actually is the product that is at fault, they are a very decent boiler to be fair

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I think these forum's are here to advise and inform. By posting my the negative experience I have had with this boiler it let's anyone looking for a boiler to take this in to consideration when choosing what make of boiler to purchase. I know I always look at what other people's opinions are, good or bad before I make a very expensive purchase.

Be careful though as you risk giving - and receiving - a very biased and distorted view. Few if any will post to say 'my boiler is fine' so you'll only hear of issues, and the number of issues might have a stronger correlation with the number of installations (or something else quite obscure) rather than the likelihood of individual failure.

Fantastic boilers and back up service when problems occur.

Look at it like this how much do SpaceX & NASA spend on rockets and how many problems do they have, just because something costs more doesn’t mean it’s going to be fault free.

As some who's last boiler was a Thorn Olympic and in 30 year only had to change the thermocouple, maybe I'm being a bit hard on Atag. I know there is no comparison between the two boiler, but I don't want to start a conversation about simple Vs efficiency so I will just thank everyone for their replies I have enjoyed the comments, have a good weekend.

• Thanks
Reactions: MJN
As some who's last boiler was a Thorn Olympic and in 30 year only had to change the thermocouple, maybe I'm being a bit hard on Atag. I know there is no comparison between the two boiler, but I don't want to start a conversation about simple Vs efficiency so I will just thank everyone for their replies I have enjoyed the comments, have a good weekend.
Loads of modern boilers fail more than older boilers, especially if someone moves from an open vented system to a combi boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back