Atmos multi Boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any experience of the Artmos multi boiler?
I am still wrestling with combi v system boiler.
Dan and Bamber 'G' have suggest it as a possibilty.
I have looked at it on the net and it looks interesting
(and BIG). It will be in a room behind the garage so I have the space.

Henry. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Henryv said:
Has anyone any experience of the Artmos multi boiler?
I am still wrestling with combi v system boiler.
Dan and Bamber 'G' have suggest it as a possibilty.
I have looked at it on the net and it looks interesting
(and BIG). It will be in a room behind the garage so I have the space.

Henry. :rolleyes:

The Alpha CD50 and the Glow Worm high flow wall mounted models too. Also look at the floor mounted combis if you have space. Viessmann 333 comes to mind. Quality and performance.

Is it any good?
I was reading about the Viessmann Vitodens 333 suggested by Doctor 'D'.
Does anyone have any experience of that?

Henry.

Dan_Robinson said:
I doubt you'll find many with expereince of the Multi.

What do you want to know?

Sponsored Links
Is it any good?
I was reading about the Viessmann Vitodens 333 suggested by Doctor 'D'.
Does anyone have any experience of that?

Henry.

Dan_Robinson said:
I doubt you'll find many with expereince of the Multi.

What do you want to know?

It's effing marvelous. I just filled (to overflowing) a bath in 5 minutes. The wife was washing up through out. The boiler shut off 8 or so minutes later, but could have carried on running a shower in much less time than that.

This in less time than a 24kW combi could run a full bath - for the same gas rating.

All this is dependant on water pressure/flow. It is effectively a y-plan boiler/unvented hot water cylinder set up, but in a box. The only thing it lack is an immersion heater - working on that though.

Ah Ha,
Excellent Dan.
The water flow to my house is lower than normal.
It is fine in the street. It may be a small bore pipe to the house?
Is the 333 quiet?

Henry. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Couldn't honestly say, but the Vitodens seems to be pretty popular - I was talking to another installer the other day and he had fitted ten recently and the customers were all very happy - he is fitting one in his house now too.

Viessmann tend to be quieter than most. They are quality and not such a price premium these days as they are selling well in the UK now. Viessmann are one of the world's largest boiler makers.

If the mains pipe is too small it is well worth upgrading the pipe. Once done it is always there. Then no noisy, leaky, power shower pumps.

Available through people like me, or through Atmos themselves normally 24 - 48 hours depending on time of order and location.. A current price list is on their website, but a standard boiler and flue with side mounted pipe kit would list at ~£2265+VAT before any discount.

This would allow a G3 installer to plumb one in as if it was a condensing combi.

As it happens I went to a broken one this morning - housing asscociation in Tottenham - nice new build house (4 or so years old now) on a real sh1thole estate. House crawling with children screaming and shouting and generally screwing the house up as best they can (there's gratitude for you). I get more Tory as I get older I swear :cry:

Multi boiler installed with a solar system (not very practical IMHO), Boiler very unhappy and flashing all sorts of error messages.

Problem?

Someone d1cking about with the polarity of the wiring. Tenant "didn't know anything". Maintenance company manager (who had given up and called me in) was rather miffed as he had suspected that to be the problem but didn't want to risk frying a £220 PCB by reversing the feeds.

So far since we started fitting these things, I have had:

• 3 leaking TPV's (thread connection to cylinder)
    2 PCB's
    2 gas valves
    2 ionisation probes (flame rectification to the rest of you)
    1 blocked heat exchanger
    1 blocked trap (BG said it was a dead gas valve and fan)
    1 "singing" flue (turned out a service engineer sheared one of the condensate tray bolts and it caused a pressure imbalance in the flue.
    8 or so domestic hot water expansion vessels
    1 Heavily HEAVILY scaled outlet/inlet (we never found out which) in Tring which I solved by dosing cylinder with 8KG of DS3.
oh..

• when I fitted mine I managed to kill the pressure sensor in the boiler 'cos I didn't free the pump when i turned it on (doh!).

This is out of the whole of North (and some of South) London, Hertfordshire, parts of Bucks and Bedfordshire dating back to 2004.

Not too bad huh? and even the EV's I don't really count as some just needed repressurising, and others I could be bothered to check.

Funnily enough after I got to the next job from that one; Atmos called me to invite to me Holland to see the factory where they are built.

I recently went to see the Intergas factory - also in Holland. Very reassuring to see how these things are made/tested and researched; and the hangover was well worth the 10 Euro it cost.

Trouble is the return flight clashes with the "going home party" of an Aussy tiler we have worked with for the last few years. I think I might have to ask someone to change thier plans a little 'cos I wanna do both. ;).

Dan_Robinson said:
As it happens I went to a broken one this morning - housing asscociation in Tottenham - nice new build house (4 or so years old now) on a real sh1thole estate. House crawling with children screaming and shouting and generally screwing the house up as best they can (there's gratitude for you). I get more Tory as I get older I swear :cry:

I can't see the connection.

Dan_Robinson said:
Available through people like me, or through Atmos themselves normally 24 - 48 hours depending on time of order and location.. A current price list is on their website, but a standard boiler and flue with side mounted pipe kit would list at ~£2265+VAT before any discount.

A £1,000 or so gets you two decent combis. One doing the DHW in one bathroom and one doing the other. One shower does not affect the other. The outlets can be combined for the baths only to give fast bath fills, using non-return valves. When filling the baths the two combis operate full on to give DHW for the baths. One combi can do one heating zone and one the other, giving cheap and simple natural zoning. They can be fitted side by side or on top of each other to save space. The two of them outperform the one stored water or big combi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back