Is the Atmos Multi any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Got a house in which we have 4 showers, 12 radiators. We used to have combi sealed boiler in it, before the extra 2 showers were put in. We are now thinking will a combi be sufficient. Or do you think the Atmos Multi boiler will be any good as it has the storage tank built in?

thanks

Sponsored Links
The Atmos is without doubt the best Combi boiler on the market, the question is can the mains deliver.

No combi will supply 4 showers adequately at the same time; you will need a cylinder for that and a big mains all the way back to the streetvalve, or coldwater storage with a big outlet.

Will they supply 2 showers at the same time?
Also if i get a cylinder does it need to be vented or unvented?
And in order to fit a cylinder do i need to have system boiler or will a combi boiler do?

Sponsored Links
No combi will supply 4 showers adequately at the same time; you will need a cylinder for that and a big mains all the way back to the streetvalve, or coldwater storage with a big outlet.

I assumed the OP was fitting the Monosolar thermal store with the boiler Ben, in which case it will eat it.

Will they supply 2 showers at the same time?

Yes, plenty of combi's will happily feed to showers; 35 kW and up will usually do the trick, always assuming the mains is adequate.

Also if i get a cylinder does it need to be vented or unvented?

Either. The difference is that unvented will need the supply to be able to deliver at least 40 l/min.

And in order to fit a cylinder do i need to have system boiler or will a combi boiler do?

Any boiler can be used to heat a cylinder.

I assumed the OP was fitting the Monosolar thermal store with the boiler Ben, in which case it will eat it.

You could be right, I hadn't gone that far. I read a combi as a "normal" combi. I doubt if the existing mains will be able to push 4 showers though.

It's amazing how many people never give that a second thought. A builder friend of mine asked me to quote on installing a new combi for a house with 1 bathroom and 3 ensuites a couple of years ago. The place had a 15 mm mains. :eek:

You should look at the Atmos closely Ben, Brilliant design in it's simplicity.

If you want any manual just shout. Although most are online now at www.atmos.uk.com

Click on the link and read the spec.

You can get a good shower at 6-8 Ltrs/min.

Remember it chucks out 40c plus

You should look at the Atmos closely Ben, Brilliant design in it's simplicity.
I like simple, I am used to it. :LOL:
Have to admit I am a bit skeptical about those brilliant solutions until I have seen them work.
All jokes aside, it was the complete, yet simple setup that impressed me about the new Viessmann 100 when I saw it recently.
I will do some research into atmos; it will have to wait until silly season is over though.

Click on the link and read the spec.

You can get a good shower at 6-8 Ltrs/min.

Remember it chucks out 40c plus

Thought you meant 25 in total, not just hot. Would need a fairly impressive mains I reckon. Not my specialty; not a lot of houses in London with 4 showers/bathrooms.

Am i correct in thinking that the cylinder needs to be constantly on. Therefore there will be a lot of waste heating of water like throughout the night as the cylinder keeps the water on?

As there is very little heat loss, you could be talking a couple of minutes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back