Is the Atmos Multi any good?

the only way to get around not storing water is to go for something like a rinnai water heater... but then you will have two boilers, one for hot water, one for CH.(the rinnai can be fitted outside though)

but even a 54kw water heater is not going to do 4 showers at once....

Sponsored Links
the only way to get around not storing water is to go for something like a rinnai water heater... but then you will have two boilers, one for hot water, one for CH.(the rinnai can be fitted outside though)

but even a 54kw water heater is not going to do 4 showers at once....

Hope you never have to plumb a 200 bed hotel Mehran :LOL: ;)

just tell the guy that the only way around not storing water is a big water heater...

that atmos look nice unit ;)

What is the difference between direct and indirect cylinder do they both use immersion heater to heat the water?

Sponsored Links
Direct puts heat straight into the water, whereas indirect transfers heat from a coil.

is it possible to put two combi boilers in a house?

You can fit as many combi's as you like, if you up-size the meter to a commercial type.

Please remember the mains pressure and flow is what comes out of the taps, if it only supplies 10Ltrs/m you can't get 20Ltrs/m from the showers.

Am i correct in thinking that the atmos doesn't have plate to plate heat exchanger so doesn't suffer from the same problem as other boilers which have it, from sludge build up?

No boiler suffers from sludge build up if the system is maintained properly.
Which it should.

Thats correct, although the multi is different to the normal combi's.

All boilers will suffer from sludge if the system is not clean or installed badly.

Check the link I posted at the beginning, it tells you how it works. :idea:

I looked at the link. It shows there are coils inside the water tank. So i am guessing the pipes are pretty big. So small bits won't affect the boiler so much compared to the ones which have very small passages in there hex.

We had the Atmos boiler 32-80 fitted 3 yrs ago it is a beast, looks like a SMEG fridge and is powerfull enough for 4 continuous hot showers at 1.8 BAR, we have saved 30% gas this last winter.who needs a power shower. However the the ionisation probe just threw up a fault code, at just 3years ? spares have to come from Holland. Make sure you keep your warranty up to date. I still remain impressed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back