Atrocious Parking

I'd say you've every right to do whatever it takes to get past a car that is illegally obstructing your legal right of way. Why put yourself in the dangerous position of walking in the road to protect the property of an arsehole?

Why should the world adapt to the car?
You have to be mentally unbalanced to think it's ok to damage a car that is not parked how you want it to be.
You claim you are worried about putting yourself in dangerous situations yet you also claim its a good idea to damage people's cars which will definitely put you in dangerous situations when the car owners confront you. Or will you be choosing your victim's carefully?

Sponsored Links
Slightly OT but part of the problem is parking space dimensions that haven't kept pace with the average sized modern car.

There's a Waitrose car park not far from me that has the smallest spaces I've seen. Ironically, the place is frequented by a large contingent of yummy mummies in their Chelsea tractors. It's a hotspot for scrapes and dents.

In fairness it's not the whole world, just supermarket car parks. And the reason they're there is to accommodate cars.
Well, cars are getting bigger, so maybe its time to rethink this idea, and aim for buying smaller cars, rather than encouraging them with bigger spaces. I certainly wouldn't want to live in the US, where they are really getting bigger:
7410562629a42c3a4b.jpg

Sponsored Links
Well, cars are getting bigger, so maybe its time to rethink this idea, and aim for buying smaller cars, rather than encouraging them with bigger spaces. I certainly wouldn't want to live in the US, where they are really getting bigger:
7410562629a42c3a4b.jpg
In America the people are twice as big and the so are the roads. Englands roads are not designed for fat people

In America the people are twice as big and the so are the roads. Englands roads are not designed for fat people
Funny you should say that, as last night I watched this:

Basically, walkable neighbourhoods mean you are less likely to be obese.

Why should the world adapt to the car?
Eh?!?

My post was in relation to places that REQUIRE PARKING SPACES. It has diddly squat, in the context of this thread, about the world adapting to the car. I would assert, although I know why they don't do this, if a retail park for example is being planned and they design in 1000 spaces, make it 900 and slightly increase dimensions.

Btw, the world adapted to the car circa 100 years ago ;)

I certainly wouldn't want to live in the US, where they are really getting bigger:

Fantastic place. Few pleasures come close to cruising down the freeway in a Yank tank with a massive, burbling V8 under the hood. :cool:

Strictly I suppose those trucks in you image are commercials. We also have plumbers and plasterers in this country who drive Chelmsford tractors with 'WARRIOR' or 'NINJA' emblazoned down the side. US cars have actually shrunk a lot from what they were, unfortunately. And many yanks now drive dull Euroboxes.

Fantastic place. Few pleasures come close to cruising down the freeway in a Yank tank with a massive, burbling V8 under the hood. :cool:

You can't beat that.

The first time we went about 40 years ago with my parents i recall that then about 25 years ago when we hired a massive v8 and the raods were pretty empty compared to the uk in Floriday at the time but their freeways were awsome and the music from the suv was second to none

You can't beat that.

The first time we went about 40 years ago with my parents i recall that then about 25 years ago when we hired a massive v8 and the raods were pretty empty compared to the uk in Floriday at the time but their freeways were awsome and the music from the suv was second to none

First time we went to states, we flew to Houston. Person in car hire company was going to give us a Nissan, but I politely explained that we would be having one of the Buicks in their car park - even if it was extra.

Going all the way to The US to drive a Jap car! :rolleyes:

Not about 'parking' in the true sense of the meaning but I found it quite amusing.
Coming to work this morning and as I was driving through the village, at the regulated 30mph, a racer boy came blasting up behind me. Must have been doing at least 45-50mph as he approached. Unfortunately we were just entering the twisty section so he had no choice but to stay behind. Once we got to a short straight, (still 30mph), he blasted pass tooting his horn, (pillock). Came out the village on to the main A road and about 7 miles further on was approaching a roundabout in a queue. Suddenly see a car parked half on and half off the pavement with the bonnet up. It was only racer boy with a pool of fluid running into the gutter. Don't know what the problem was but he had clearly blown something as there were no other vehicles to indicate an accident.
Oh dear, never mind, have a nice day. :LOL:

Funny you should say that, as last night I watched this:

Basically, walkable neighbourhoods mean you are less likely to be obese.

That's why Australians are so fat. Because they drive everywhere

First time we went to states, we flew to Houston. Person in car hire company was going to give us a Nissan, but I politely explained that we would be having one of the Buicks in their car park - even if it was extra.

Going all the way to The US to drive a Jap car! :rolleyes:

Next time you go, one of our children books and esnures its a premium suv proper 7 seater. Not been to the usa for just over three years i think but landing at a proper airport in Florida, Orlando international has the best selection of cars. Years ago we went via the gatwick to orlando route and landed on a ex miliatary airport i foget the name has lots of cars but no cadialas when we went had buicks but they did not have an suv in that.

Sponsored Links
Back