Attractive boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having resigned myself (and the better half) that we have to have our new combi boiler installed in the new kitchen we are planning (was hoping to re-site but looks like that is impossible), I was hoping to find a boiler that won't look TOO bad as part of a modern, high-gloss kitchen.

Having looked at a few of the boiler manufacturer sites, it looks like none of them actually seems to want to make an effort to create something that doesn't make me want to gauge my eyes out. I mean you've essentially got a box, it can't be that hard to do something to tart it up a bit or offer colour choices or even the option of fitting a fake cupboard door to match the kitchen.

Anyone know of any companies making good, aesthetically pleasing boilers?

Sponsored Links
They may not look any better than others, but the Remeha Avanta boilers are very compact and should be able to fit inside a wall mounted cupboard, so they are out of site and won't offend your aesthetic sensibilities. ;)

They are also well thought of and come with a five year warranty.

heh, damn my aesthetic sensibilities. Always costing me money and grief! :)

The Avanta looks like it would do the job. I looked into getting a boiler installed in a cupboard one before, it was a glowworm or something but people didn't think it was that good a boiler. If the Avanta is better, that could be a solution.

What's the score with installing a boiler in a kitchen cupboard anyway? Do you get the boiler installed first then install the kitchen around it or install the kitchen first and then do the boiler. Both ways seem like there's potential for problems.

Vaillant ecotec+ look fairly good in real life IMO.

I wonder if you could get the front panel resprayed - would this be legal?

Sponsored Links
What's the score with installing a boiler in a kitchen cupboard anyway? Do you get the boiler installed first then install the kitchen around it or install the kitchen first and then do the boiler. Both ways seem like there's potential for problems.
I think it's a case of getting the boiler installer to liaise with the kitchen installer.

I would:

Get the old system flushed and old boiler removed.

Get all the pipework run, flue hole drilled, condensate pipe installed, electrics and controls, boiler mounting bracket installed.

Get the kitchen installed.

Hang, connect and commission new boiler.

I think the style of the Atag Q series boilers would be classed as eye catching. The combi version is quite wide though there is a small cylinder at the side. Failing that, I don't think the E series is that bad looking as a standalone.

I think the ATAG look good, but personally I think they are way to big for a kitchen installation. :cry:

The Avanta has, as standard, a 5 year parts and 2 year labout warranty, unless you buy from HPS (I think it is what they are called), or get a Broag approved installer, like me, who can offer you a full 5 year warranty.

What would you like? gold plated handles? Barley twist style corners? ... The British are idiots.... I just don't get the idea of concealed appliances... you pay through the nose for inferior products that are dfficult to access for what you believe is asthetically pleasing.... then you bellyache because you get billed extra for the engineer to fit and service this equipment....

Whatever boiler you end up with make sure that it is fully servicable from the front..

The smallest combi that I am aware of is an Ideal Isar... Should fit nicely in a cupboard.... Then come out.... then fit in.... then come out...

The British are far more interested in form over function... this is why you get crap boilers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back