Audi A4 2009 1.8 TFSI MOT Failure

I used to take my car to a place called Just MOT's their slogan was "No tyres, servicing, exhausts brakes or suspension and no axe to grind"

Sponsored Links
You're probably the only garage in the country not pushing for repairs and/or service.
Are you sure your boss never asked you to upsell, if not only a simple oil change or brake pads?
The words "potentially dangerous" are well overused in garages for something that it's not dangerous at all, for example brake pads just below 50%.

We are always 2 week in front at least in diary.

I would advise on a service if pads are two thirds worn but never have to tout for work.

A lad last week thanked us for NOT replacing a tyre he was booked in for, showed him how to measure the depth and explained it was a waste of money to change. He actually said his last garage would have just changed it an took his money..

If you treat customers right they will always come back and a lot of our jobs are by recommendation.

If you need to try and drum up business with dodgy tests then you are already sunk as a business imho..

I have a £700 engine rebuild to button up on Tuesday, from a recommendation again, major service on an FJR, diagnostic and repair on an Piaggio MP3, multiple services already.

Sponsored Links
If you treat customers right they will always come back and a lo
I've always preached this, but many businesses believe that it's better to squeeze as much money as possible from anyone coming through the door.
This is especially true in London for businesses that don't need returning customers due to the large number of people around.
I never advertised my services and when I was working full time I was booked for months.
I had to give work away to other builders at one point.

I've always preached this, but many businesses believe that it's better to squeeze as much money as possible from anyone coming through the door.
This is especially true in London for businesses that don't need returning customers due to the large number of people around.
I never advertised my services and when I was working full time I was booked for months.
I had to give work away to other builders at one point.

Most of our staff have been here 20+ years (me included), nice to know our customers trust us really and we're all of the same opinion as to how to treat them.

Shame as you say some shops just see a single job as an opportunity to rip the customer off.

I've done quite a few major services on bikes where the customer has already paid another shop to do the same work but not been sure they've done the full job (normally a full day on a modern bike).

I take pictures of all major work, proof it's been done and customers appreciate it, had a few new customers due to this alone (did an RSV4 and his mate booked his in a few months later due to seeing we did a proper job and not just stamp the book).

Hello All

Just an Update. Took the card to another MOT Place. Car spent an hour at the garage and saw the Tester an Old boy poking and prodding. Took his time over the test and was very thorough. Spent ages dong paperwork and came out of office with a Pass Certificate!!!!!!!
Result, asked him a load of questions, he said car was perfect;ly fine no advisories etc. Low Mileage and maybe rear tyre may need replacing next year.

Will defo use the garage next year, real Gent took the time and bother to explain regards the car.

Many thanks to you all for all your help in this matter really appreciate it.

Best Regards

Caesar

I haven’t done an MOT test for nearly a year now since my mate sold his MOT station (where I was registered at) for housing development. Both my personal cars and my work runabout are due soon. Not a problem getting one but it’ll be the first time I’ll be paying for a test on my own vehicles for about 20 years! :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back