avast upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been running avast antivirus, this was a free download for a trial period.
If I was to upgrade for the full year or 2 year, would the silent firewall that comes with the upgrade mean i need to deactivate my current firewall (comodo)?

Sponsored Links
There is no need to run 2 firewalls

I use the AVAST free home edition and have done for several years, never would I purchase one if the free ones are available, I work in IT and believe this to be ample enough for internet use

hope that helps

Thank you for your advice EFCLee1, I wasn't aware that there was a free version available, I have been running a free trial version for about a month and the trial period is about to expire in two days. So I am now getting messages asking if I would like to update/upgrade to avast internet security for £20, this has a silent firewall (what ever that is?).
That is what prompted the question, but if I can download a free version I will, is it the Antivirus6.0?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Addition info;
I have just noticed that it is an upgrade from what I have(that is to be paid for) and the trial period was pre registration, all I need to do is register and I can continue with the existing protection, costing nothing.
So done that, didn't noitice it before, I am a bl00dy idiot!

I've also used Avast for ages, and found it far far better than other paid for versions, all you have to do is register your details, you don't get any hassle emails from them, it's updated frequently, no probllems. And you don't pay.

Sponsored Links
Back