Restore point

O

oompah

As the title says but how do i find my last good restore point,the issue i have is that I downloaded an upgrade to the new avast anti- virus program but since then the computer as crashed a couple of times so I want to go back and start from last week,I am running Xp.Any one else downloaded the new version and any probs?

Sponsored Links
if you go into "system restore" you choose a "bold" date from thge callander

Just to make sure it was avast I've wiped it off and installed AVG I'll see if it stays alright with this.

There are reported problems of installing the Avast v5 upgrade on top of the plder v4.8.
Some are recommending downloading the new version and save to desktop or download folder, then uninstall the older version before installing the new one.

dave

Sponsored Links
Seems to be running alot smoother now,never had issues before I'll leave AVG on for now and see how I get on.

Just check in Start -> Computer -> double click the C:\ drive -> double click Program Files -> Look for any labelled 'Avast' and right click and select Delete.
That should get rid of any traces and stop them affecting AVG.

dave

No, nothing left I used Revo uninstaller,one of your recommendations(dave.m) I seem to recall and a good piece of kit it is too.

Sponsored Links
Back