B&D firestorm battery/chargers . how do i check?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a 10 year old B7D cordless 18V drill which has recently stopped charging the batteries ( both of them)....i thought the batteries had died but how do i check that the charger is not at fault?...i have a multi meter could i use this to see if power is getting into it?

thanks-kev.

Sponsored Links
at 10 year old you have had a fantastic life from your tool and batteries
the batteries will be goosed if they are not they will hold there charge for minimum time so off little use
best bite the bullet and get a new fangled toy :D

oohh and your charger will give out around 21v

yep thats what i thought but just wondered if i could sqeeze alittle more life out of it...lol

o well loos like i will be buying that B&D drill down b&q today...lol

thanks.

If you really want to check your charger, its best to connect a 'dummy load' - i.e a small light bulb - across its output before you read the voltage. This will give you a true reading. Sad eh?
John :)

Sponsored Links
I just checked it with my meter and it says about 23V output ...so it looks like the batteries have given up on me....i salut them as they have served me well..lol :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back