B6 circuit breaker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a circuit breaker that keeps tripping in my garage under very little demand, usually if the hoover or power wash is plugged in without any other devices on a multiple adaptor. It’s a legrand B6, is this the correct circuit breaker for sockets or is there an alternative which can cope with more?
89DF9941-F9A7-4557-8179-DDE8B837C604.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
No, it is not correct.

6A is too small for a socket circuit - and 16A is not necessary for the light circuit.

Someone has obviously fitted them the wrong way round.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: Presumably the labels are correct.

Only if the two MCB's are swapped over one for the other, if he swaps the cables over instead, the labels will then be incorrect. Layout of the MCB's is wrong anyway, usual way is to have the heavier loads nearest the isolator/bu bar supply end of the unit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The MK stuck in there doesn't look good either. If that's a Garage could do with having RCD protection to Sockets Too

Really could do with a Shot of the cover off (switch off the Isolator)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So if I removed both the legrand B6 and B16 and reconnected them to the opposite wires it should make a difference.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Let’s see a pic of the wiring inside. It should be a good laugh, given what we can see from the outside.
And as above, where is the RCD protection? What circuit in thd house does the supply come from?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It will be a few days before I can isolate and remove the cover but I will post again with the wiring pictures.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
usually if the hoover

I hope it is actually a Hoover make and not another vacuum cleaner or somebody will be along shortly to castigate you for your stupidity. You've done nothing wrong by the way, we all know what you mean.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Post some shots of the Hot Tub Install if you can, without RCD protection that could be a real concern.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Post some shots of the Hot Tub Install if you can, without RCD protection that could be a real concern.

If it's an inflatable type they come with a moulded RCD plug fitted as standard. However, as you say, better to see the set up before worrying too much.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It’s a normal hot tub, we had an electrician fit an outside commando socket. This has not been the issue the breaker switch has always been tripped when I used the power wash. I have been in the house from new for about 17 years. I have just bought a band saw which works fine from the socket but the vacuum (hoover , I’m old school) which is new and I want to use to extract the saw dust keeps tripping. I know it’s not the vacuum as I have had the same issue with other devices.

Sponsored Links