B6 circuit breaker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a circuit breaker that keeps tripping in my garage under very little demand, usually if the hoover or power wash is plugged in without any other devices on a multiple adaptor. It’s a legrand B6, is this the correct circuit breaker for sockets or is there an alternative which can cope with more?
89DF9941-F9A7-4557-8179-DDE8B837C604.jpeg

Sponsored Links
No, it is not correct.

6A is too small for a socket circuit - and 16A is not necessary for the light circuit.

Someone has obviously fitted them the wrong way round.

Sponsored Links
:?: Presumably the labels are correct.

Only if the two MCB's are swapped over one for the other, if he swaps the cables over instead, the labels will then be incorrect. Layout of the MCB's is wrong anyway, usual way is to have the heavier loads nearest the isolator/bu bar supply end of the unit.

The MK stuck in there doesn't look good either. If that's a Garage could do with having RCD protection to Sockets Too

Really could do with a Shot of the cover off (switch off the Isolator)

Last edited:
So if I removed both the legrand B6 and B16 and reconnected them to the opposite wires it should make a difference.

Let’s see a pic of the wiring inside. It should be a good laugh, given what we can see from the outside.
And as above, where is the RCD protection? What circuit in thd house does the supply come from?

It will be a few days before I can isolate and remove the cover but I will post again with the wiring pictures.

usually if the hoover

I hope it is actually a Hoover make and not another vacuum cleaner or somebody will be along shortly to castigate you for your stupidity. You've done nothing wrong by the way, we all know what you mean.

Post some shots of the Hot Tub Install if you can, without RCD protection that could be a real concern.

Post some shots of the Hot Tub Install if you can, without RCD protection that could be a real concern.

If it's an inflatable type they come with a moulded RCD plug fitted as standard. However, as you say, better to see the set up before worrying too much.

It’s a normal hot tub, we had an electrician fit an outside commando socket. This has not been the issue the breaker switch has always been tripped when I used the power wash. I have been in the house from new for about 17 years. I have just bought a band saw which works fine from the socket but the vacuum (hoover , I’m old school) which is new and I want to use to extract the saw dust keeps tripping. I know it’s not the vacuum as I have had the same issue with other devices.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back