Back boiler - new cylinder fitted no hot water

he fitted replacement pump last year and all was ok then....

Not sure how to move forward then is it worth him trying to fix it or should i get someone else?

Sponsored Links
Don't let him near it.

If the immersion is new it should just work provided it has power.

If it isn't maybe your house wiring is wrong. Check the flue/circuit breaker
in the fuse/consumer unit. It might not have been reset when he was
replacing the immersion.

Fancy leaving something that isn't even working. good grief.

can you post a few photos of the cylinder where the pipes go into the side then we can see if you have gravity or pumped circulation.
it could be something simple,we hope so.

good luck.

Ok i will put some pics up tomorrow morning...

Thanks for your help guys...plumber says he is coming at 11...

should there be specific questions i ask him?

Sponsored Links
I really dont know how anyone can fit a new cylinder and then leave with neither the boiler nor the immersion working!

For a standard cylinder I usually charge about £460 inc as a replacement. A bit more if it has to be converted to fully pumped.

Tony

The heating was checked to make sure it worked...the water wasn't checked but the lights came on the timer for it along with the immersion switch light so didn't think anything was wrong....

I have been without for two weeks now and its just getting so :evil:

The heating was checked to make sure it worked...the water wasn't checked but the lights came on the timer for it along with the immersion switch light so didn't think anything was wrong....

I have been without for two weeks now and its just getting so :evil:

yes do some photos,it could be something simple hopefuly but the guys here can tell you what to tell mr numpty,in a nice way.

good luck.

There is nothing to worry about, give the guy a chance to clear what will be a simple to clear airlock on the gravity side and sort the fault with The immersion.

Some of the comments on here are ridiculous.

Well I would be worried if someone who was meant to be a professional replaced an immersion heater element and left without checking its working!

Thats why I always confirm they are heating before I depart!

Tony

I'd be very worried if someone replaced a leaky cylinder then said having no hot water was nothing to do with the cylinder or immersion. :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes:

Have a look in the cupboard where the cylinder is , it is very common to have another isolation switch for the immerser in there, if it is switched off the red light on the other switch will still come on but the immersion wont heat up

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Lot of advice given by a lot of brilliant people. I wonder how the world managed to revolve when they were not plying their trade

OP, give the fella a firm call and a chance to come and attend the malfunction without prevaricating.

There is nothing to worry about, give the guy a chance to clear what will be a simple to clear airlock on the gravity side and sort the fault with The immersion.

That`s the trouble with gravity circuits - you have to wait for the water to circulate before you can tell if it`s going round the primaries - you have to be able to hear the immersion humming by putting your ear to the cap too . I`d give him a chance , but don`t hold your breath

That`s the trouble with gravity circuits - you have to wait for the water to circulate before you can tell if it`s going round the primaries - you have to be able to hear the immersion humming by putting your ear to the cap too . I`d give him a chance , but don`t hold your breath

I love your way of testing the immersion I prefer a multi meter myself

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back