back-door tax or road saftey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i use the same roads in the city,and you get to know where the all the speed cameras are(first of all i've got to say i do not condone speeding)and just lately they have started changing position,i.e behind bushes.at the bottom of hills.and so on and so on.i can only speak for my city i don't know about yours,My head is going up and down like a yo-yo trying to keep track of my speed,a lot of my friends who have been sent fines was only 3 miles over the limit.and until somebody can invent a limiter to stop you going over 30,Well it's easy pickings...i know that this subject is a sore point with people....i suppose the goverment as got to find the money from somewhere after billions wasted on invading other peoples lands..and that was for oil not ethics..

Sponsored Links
tolerance is 10%. So at a 30 limit, they can do you at 33.

Saw on telly they were on a road near my house where the limit changes from 40 to 50, wide open dual carriageway. There was a talivan there about 150yds before the limit changed to 50. with film crew, the copper said he had set his camera at 48mph. Nice guy, he could have set it at 44! :LOL:

Saw someone taking the p today. theres a bus lane in a 30 zone, some guy doin at least 50 in this bus lane, speeding past other cars. There wasn't even any built up traffic, and everyone speeds on this road anyway, even me. its a long straight, open road, 40 feels right. Theres never a police car about when you want one :evil:

crafty1289 said:
everyone speeds on this road anyway, even me.

Theres never a police car about when you want one :evil:

Good job really, otherwise you'd have points too!!]

Some forces add a little leeway: Lancs give you 10% + 2, so you get done at 35, 46, 57, 68, 79.

There are two rules about camera sites (think they apply to mobile ones):

The copper poiting the gun has to be visible from 100m away. AND, they have to have good reason to suspect you are speeding before pointing the gun your way. They can't just aim it at everyone.

Gatso's have to be visible from 60m away. They should also have a fluorescent yellow patch on (AFAIK).

secure, i was referring to there never being a police car about when someone's doing something utterly stupid (overtaking on the inside, in a bus lane)! Not for petty things that everyone does . . . :rolleyes:

Your rules about cameras - South Yorkshire Safety Camera Partnership has a lot to answer for! :evil:

One of their talivan sites is not visible from 100m away - you come over the brow of a small incline, and the camera is there, in your face! And they dont use guns - they have what looks like a camcorder on a tripod. Sometimes its in the back of a van, pointing thru an open back window, sometiems they give it an airing and plonk it on the grass verges. Points at everyone, either way!

Sponsored Links
They are just toll camera's. They stuck one in our little village just outside a 40mph. never been a serious accident there. But on a dodgy stretch of A35 at least 1 death a year. no camera's there. only the van cam once, twice a year.

BTW, noticed on Google earth the Gatso's can be viewed. Handy if your planning a journey!

They put signs up along one of the sites in doncaster, saying things like "slow down, 7 traffic related deaths, 5 were children" with no mention of timescale or anything . . . :rolleyes: it could be since the road was built 100 years ago! And i dont remember any accidents on the road, the whole 2 mile stretch is 30mph, its impossible to crash or kill anyone.

On the other hand, there is a dangerous downhill bit between doncaster and rotherham, where theres an overtaking lane which either side can use :eek: :eek: :eek: theres been a few nasty accidents here, yet never any speed camera vans or speed limit lowering, its still 60 . . . :rolleyes:

A S- Coast town I sometimes visit...had one that you could trigger going in the opposite direction.by going close to, not over.the white line.....used to go for it when nothing coming towards.and give it the finger :LOL: Now they`ve altered it :cry: Wonder how many people did the same as me :?: :LOL:

Nige F said:
A S- Coast town I sometimes visit...had one that you could trigger going in the opposite direction.by going close to, not over.the white line.....used to go for it when nothing coming towards.and give it the finger :LOL: Now they`ve altered it :cry: Wonder how many people did the same as me :?: :LOL:
That must be the worthing approach camera..

it became a bit of a sport to get it to flash when it was publicised.. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back