Back to work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The government's back to to work scheme's has gone pear shaped ,It could be that a lot of the long term unemployed are probably young and unskilled, how can they ever hope to get a job,Kid's don't seem to be clued in on the fact that in order to get a job you have to have something to offer.

Sponsored Links
Why train a kid when you can get a ready trained migrant?

No wonder the kids give up before they start.

A lot of people think the world owes them a living.

Problem is, a lot of these YP's don't think that their attitude or approach to working is wrong...

Problem is, companies always want someone with experience....so the recently made redundant people, get the jobs. People need to be given a chance to get the experience they need.

Sponsored Links
Bring proper apprenticeships back and subsidize the pay, surely this would be cheaper than JSA?

Bring proper apprenticeships back and subsidize the pay, surely this would be cheaper than JSA?

Why bother when you can get a ready trained migrant?

Often with forged qualifications, in any case with government subsidized pay employers should be choosing our kids over any migrants, you telling me a 16 to 21 year old who has half his wages paid for by the government is still dearer than a migrant? Can't see it myself

Why bother when you can get a ready trained migrant?

Yep, Last company I worked for had a Polish lad who claimed to be a fully trained plasterer. He then skimmed 4 walls with Dry-Wall adhesive, then two days later, tried to sand it flat with an orbital sander. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm just glad our gaffer didn't listen to the one who claimed to be an electrician,, or the other one who claimed to be a plumber/gas fitter. ;) ;) ;)

We tried two in our place a couple of years ago. Both claimed to be fully skilled armature winders. One could insert the coils, after someone had wound them for him, but didn't have a clue about the internal connections. The other decided the best way to repair a damaged seal journal was with a file rather than get it machined in the lathe!

When employers say that migrants have a "good work ethic" what they really mean is that migrants will work for peanuts in dangerous conditions, it's just a Euphemism.

Sponsored Links
Back